Sami Callihan & Jon Moxley secured trademark for 'The Switchblades'

Originally published at Sami Callihan & Jon Moxley secured trademark for 'The Switchblades'

Callihan says there’s more to come from he and Moxley.

After 11 years went by since their last tag match together, Sami Callihan and Interim AEW World Champion Jon Moxley reunited at The Wrestling REVOLVER’s ‘Cage of Horrors’ show on July 9th.

Moxley and Callihan, collectively known as ‘The Switchblades’ defeated The Wolves (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards) at the event. Their reunion was originally scheduled to take place in 2021 but was postponed due to Callihan suffering a broken leg.

On episode #149 of Cultaholic’s Desert Island Graps show, Callihan confirmed that he and Moxley secured the trademark for ‘The Switchblades’. Last summer, Moxley filed to trademark the name.

Oh, it was great and it was supposed to happen this past October right when we came back from COVID but like you know, I broke my damn leg. But I think that made it that much better, made it that much more bittersweet. It’s one of those things like, we talk about what we wanna present to people, it’s like we’re punk rock. You don’t know where we might show up, you don’t know what we’re gonna do and we’re not gonna allow any company to tell us what we’re gonna do. We have ‘The Switchblades’ trademarked, we have so much different stuff. People thought it might be a one-time thing, but it’s one of those things that that’s our vision and we’re gonna do whatever the hell we want with it. We’re not gonna allow anyone else to get their hands on that.

At IMPACT Wrestling’s Slammiversary event, Callihan bested Moose in a Monster’s Ball match. This year’s Slammiversary was centered around 20 years of IMPACT and company alumni such as AJ Styles sent video messages in.

Callihan was not aware of the Styles video and was surprised when he saw it. He thinks the number of former full-time IMPACT talents that sent in videos or appeared on the show highlighted the company’s track record of producing stars.

I didn’t even know about it . I did not know about it.

We were all in the back watching it in Gorilla and I remember I had snuck out for some reason to see some stuff from the crowd because a lot of times on shows, I like to sneak somewhere where no one can see me because I like to experience the show live. There’s nothing like experiencing a wrestling show live compared to watching it on a monitor and I remember I was sitting there and I was chilling and having a good time and then it came on-screen. I was like, ‘… That’s AJ Styles.’ I was like absolutely — the amount of people that they got to do videos for that just shows the lasting impact that IMPACT Wrestling has had on the entire wrestling world. People wanna talk about wrestling companies making stars. IMPACT Wrestling’s made more stars than 90 percent of the other wrestling companies on the planet.

The Switchblades are tagging again on August 21st at the promotion’s ‘Sunday Fun Bey’ event. They’ll be taking on Tyler Matrix and Logan James.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Cultaholic’s Desert Island Graps with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

Not that AEW programming needs any more confusing cross-promotional stuff happening right now, with the ROH cross-booking and the recent Forbidden Door show, I feel like they need to dig in and really focus on their own brands’ champions.

That said, would love the see IMPACT’s roster be at the disposal of AEW for cross-booking, so we could see “the Switchblades” on national TV.

1 Like