Sammy Guevara explains his situation with IMPACT Wrestling, didn't see it working

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/05/01/sammy-guevara-explains-his-situation-with-impact-wrestling-didnt-see-it-working/

In a February edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that AEW’s Sammy Guevara was not expected to be at an IMPACT Wrestling taping following a disagreement with their creative. There were several stories and reports that came along regarding the disagreement and what transpired.

Guevara went onto his VLOG to make light of the idea that there was a serious issue between him and IMPACT. He was recently interviewed by Fightful and told the site that it just came down to him being presented with something and he didn’t think it would work. Guevara added that he wishes things could have been kept more quiet.

“I won’t go too much into it. I went over there, punch Scott D’Amore. I’m not doing any of your creative! Screw everybody! , or happen in some rented show. It’ll happen somewhere.”

Guevara along with Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Santana and Ortiz are going to be headlining the 5/5 installment of AEW Dynamite when they clash with The Pinnacle (MJF, Shawn Spears, Wardlow, Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood) in Blood & Guts.

POST Wrestling has an audio review up of the latest Dynamite episode. Along with the Blood & Guts match, Britt Baker will be in action, Cody Rhodes is taking on QT Marshall and more is scheduled for the program.