Samu Anoa'i signs 'nostalgia contract' with WWE

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/02/10/samu-anoai-signs-nostalgia-contract-with-wwe/

Samu is now under a legends contract with WWE.

Former WWF Tag Team Champion Samu Anoa’i informed ‘The Daily Item’ that he has signed a ‘nostalgia contract’ with the WWE. On February 8th, Samu posted a picture of himself on Facebook and in the photo, the WWE logo was on his computer and he captioned the image, “Thank you, Vince McMahon and WWE.”

He gave comments to The Daily Item and told the site that he is honored to be back with the company.

I am truly honored to return to the company in which has been my family since I was born. I am also happy for the wrestling fans of Sunbury and surrounding areas who have always welcomed me, my family, my brother Afa and son Lance with open arms. I have made several friends who are now family to me and that is priceless.

Samu runs the WXW C4 promotion which is based in Pennsylvania. The promotion is going to host a show in Sunbury, Pennsylvania in April.

Back in 2019, while Samu was battling stage four liver cancer, there was a benefit show held for him to raise funds so he could receive a liver transplant. WWE sent the likes of Samoa Joe, Chris Hero, Michael Hayes and Billy Kidman to be a part of the show. The Monday prior to the event, Samu’s son, Lance Anoa’i competed on Raw and took on Shane McMahon.

Samu is the son of Afa, nephew of Sika and a cousin to Rikishi, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and the late Yokozuna, Rosey and Umaga.