Originally published at SANADA proposes Lumberjack stipulation for IWGP World Title match at NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku
A stipulation has been proposed for the title bout.
Headlining the conclusion of NJPW’s Destruction tour in Ryogoku is an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match that will see SANADA defend against EVIL.
The former Los Ingobernables de Japon stable mates were the focus of a press conference held to promote their title match. EVIL walked in with SANADA’s title that he stole. SANADA proposed the idea that their bout be a Lumberjack match.
He figures that members of HOUSE OF TORTURE will be involved anyway so the match should have Lumberjacks from both of their respective factions. EVIL said he would think about it and then went on to promise that he would ‘clean up the mess of Just Five Guys’.
As of this writing, here is the lineup for Destruction in Ryogoku on October 9th:
- NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championships: Tomohiro Ishii, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Josh Alexander, Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley
- Best of 7 Series Final: Master Wato, Shota Umino & Yuji Nagata vs. Strong Style (El Desperado, Ren Narita & Minoru Suzuki)
- Tanga Loa vs. Chase Owens
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: BULLET CLUB War Dogs (Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors) (c) vs. Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA
- NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Championships: BULLET CLUB War Dogs (Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd) (c) vs. El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
- NEVER Openweight Championship: David Finlay (c) vs. Tama Tonga
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship — Three-Way Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Lio Rush vs. ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship — Lumberjack Match: SANADA (c) vs. EVIL