Santana Garrett recalls "major promotion" telling her she had to do Bra & Panties match

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/09/30/santana-garrett-recalls-major-promotion-telling-her-she-had-to-do-bra-panties-match/

Garrett left the promotion unnamed and discussed her return match for AEW.

When AEW taped content from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, Santana Garrett was a part of the tapings and she took on Diamante. It was Garrett’s first match since the 2021 women’s Royal Rumble match in January.

Throughout her career, Santana has competed in IMPACT Wrestling, Ring of Honor, NWA, MLW, AAA and a handful of independent promotions. She did her first post-WWE interview with Lucha Libre Online and recalled working for a “major promotion” and being told that she had to go through with doing a Bra and Panties match.

I mean it definitely took a long time and a lot of effort to get where we are was like, ‘Okay.’ Well, my bra and panties were bigger than my wrestling gear, let’s just say that. I definitely didn’t give the people what they want.

Santana’s match under the AEW banner was her first sanctioned match in over six months. She simply stated that it felt amazing to be back in that setting.

It felt great for WWE and so it’s been a very long time since I’ve wrestled and even been in that type of setting so, it felt amazing to be back.

Coming out of the 9/28 AEW Dark show which featured matches that were taped at Universal, it was stated by Excalibur that Kiera Hogan signed with All Elite Wrestling and to read more about that, click here.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Lucha Libre Online with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.