Santana thinks he and Ortiz have been ready for the AEW Tag Titles since they joined the company

Originally published at Santana thinks he and Ortiz have been ready for the AEW Tag Titles

Santana and Ortiz are ready for AEW tag team gold.

The duo of Santana and Ortiz have been with All Elite Wrestling dating back to the summer of 2019. Despite having challenged for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, they have yet to become champions and while on Busted Open Radio, they spoke about their desire to become champions.

Santana stated that they’ve been putting in the work and they’re ready to become champions now. Ortiz believes that their time is coming and when they do achieve that goal, it’ll be that much better of a moment because of the journey.

Santana: So does the rest of the damn world if you pay attention to Twitter apparently .

Yeah, you’re right man. I think it’s about that time that we start making our way and working up to that and I mean, we’ve had our moments within the last two years and stuff. We’ve had our moments that, every time we’ve been given the ball and the opportunity, we’ve done our best to hit it out the park and stuff but I think it’s about that time that we start chasing down that gold and I mean the fans want it. Everybody is so hype about it and so — the support is immense and all these things but yeah man, I feel like everybody’s getting pissed off already, impatient, including me. I’m super impatient. I’m man enough to admit that, whatever. But, you know, we’ll see what happens. I’ve gotten to a point where I’m just like it is what it is. Let’s see what happens. I’m gonna continue putting in the work on my end and controlling the things that I can control myself and everything else, it is what it is, you know?

Ortiz: Definitely the more patient one. I’m more of the hippie, man. I’m like, ‘It’ll happen. I know it’ll happen because we’ve been putting in the work’ so, I’m in no rush and it’s gonna make it that much better when we do get to the top of the mountain, you know what I mean? It’ll happen. There’s — as the old saying goes, ‘Cream rises to the top’ man and as long as we keep putting in the work and we still continue to be the best that we can possibly be, there will be no choice but to give us the opportunity and we’ll get it.

Santana: For me, I don’t like saying ‘impatient.’ I’m more hungry and driven. I’m like, ‘Screw the waiting, screw that,’ you know what I mean? I’m putting in the work. I don’t like sitting back and waiting for anything. That’s just not me. I don’t like the, ‘Oh, you know, let’s wait for this’ or, ‘Let’s wait for that.’ Nah, we’re ready now. We’ve been ready since we came in, you know? So that’s just how I see it. It is what it is, as you can see the dynamic here and the yin and the yang going on. But, yeah, and I’m okay being the bad guy, it is what it is, whatever.

Choosing from the current crop of teams in AEW, Ortiz said he’s looking forward to getting back in the ring with reDRagon (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish). Ortiz recalled working with O’Reilly and Fish at a House of Glory show but the match did not turn out how Ortiz expected it to.

Ortiz: At the moment, definitely Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly. We got to work ‘em one time at House of Glory but it wasn’t what I wanted it to be and now that they’re in the company, I feel like we get a chance to get a do-over and we’re different performers at this point, different wrestlers, different people and I think we would blow it out the park with them. I really wanna wrestle them.

Kyle O’Reilly made his All Elite Wrestling debut on last week’s Dynamite and assisted Adam Cole in defeating Orange Cassidy. Cole, Fish and O’Reilly have reformed their trio in AEW.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.