Saraya comments on segment from 9/28 AEW Dynamite, notes that she was "a little rusty"

Originally published at Saraya comments on segment from 9/28 AEW Dynamite, notes that she was "a little rusty"

Saraya also joked about the online reaction she received.

Following up on Saraya’s arrival to All Elite Wrestling at Dynamite Grand Slam, she had an in-ring segment on the 9/28 Dynamite. She welcomed Interim Women’s World Champion Toni Storm, Athena, Willow Nightingale, Skye Blue and Madison Rayne to the ring. They were soon interrupted by Britt Baker, Rebel, Jamie Hayter, Penelope Ford and Serena Deeb later joined.

This led to a Lumberjack match between Storm and Deeb for the Interim AEW Women’s Title. The verbal exchanges between Saraya and Baker prior to the match was one that was heavily discussed on social media. Saraya received criticism for her performance in the segment and she reacted to that on Twitter:

On a good note I’m so proud of the women yesterday. Not only did they get more than 5 mins to have a match. It was the first ever lumberjack match. A woman on commentary and a good portion of the roster being showcased. That’s a win (even if I was a little rusty 😅)

On a good note I’m so proud of the women yesterday. Not only did they get more than 5 mins to have a match. It was the first ever lumberjack match. A woman on commentary and a good portion of the roster being showcased. That’s a win (even if I was a little rusty 😅)

— SARAYA (@Saraya) September 29, 2022

Some of wrestling twitter when anyone makes a hiccup: pic.twitter.com/ZvEmVOHBnV

— SARAYA (@Saraya) September 29, 2022

POST Wrestling’s John Pollock and Wai Ting gave their take on the segment on the latest episode of Rewind-A-Dynamite which can be watched/heard here.

I don’t think that’s something to be proud of. It’s one of the most useless types of matches.

1 Like