Saraya weighs in on Thunder Rosa/Britt Baker dynamic, recalls Rosa's apology to the locker room

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/17/saraya-weighs-in-on-thunder-rosa-britt-baker-dynamic-recalls-rosas-apology-to-the-locker-room/

Saraya feels people need to get over the Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa situation. 

Over the time period that Thunder Rosa has been out of action, both Rosa and fellow AEW talent Britt Baker have weighed in on her absence on multiple occasions and that continued when AEW’s All Access show premiered on TBS. 

While on The Corner Podcast, Saraya chimed in on the dynamic between the two former AEW Women’s World Champions and said Rosa likes to talk about it. She said it’s assumed that Britt likes to talk about the situation but reiterated that All Access was filmed a long time ago and she’s asked about it in interviews. 

Saraya recalled Thunder Rosa apologizing to the AEW locker room, which Rosa has spoken about publicly. She added that she was not there when the initial issues unfolded so she does not need an apology. Saraya went on to state that the locker room is fine and everyone is happy. 

Oh my gosh, people need to get over that dude (Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa dynamic)… Thunder loves to talk. That’s for sure. She definitely loves to talk and people think Britt talks a lot but it’s not — the reality show was filmed ages ago and they’re just repeating the story so everyone thinks it’s Britt bringing up all this stuff and then she gets asked questions about it in interviews and then it brings it all up again. She’s not going out there and doing it but Thunder just likes to talk about it. Thunder, yeah, she had to come back and she had to apologize to the locker room because she upset a lot of women. I wasn’t there at the time so it’s not my problem, I don’t need an apology. It is what it is. But she apologized to the locker room, you know, and the locker room is fine. Everyone’s happy, everyone gets along. This is one of the best locker rooms I’ve been in. Everyone’s so sweet to each other, everyone welcomes each other in. If anyone has a problem, they’ll bring it up and yeah, I love the locker room. People already know the Thunder story. They just love to spin it and make it bigger and then they talk on Busted Open (Radio) and then like, ugh… yeah, speaking of Bubba (Saraya responded when the podcast host said ‘messy’).

Going into tonight’s Dynamite, it was promoted that AEW Women’s World Champion Jamie Hayter, Britt Baker and Hikaru Shida were taking on The Outcasts (Saraya, Ruby Soho & Toni Storm). The match has been altered as Hayter is not cleared to compete. It’ll now be Baker and Shida versus Storm and Soho.

Saraya said on the podcast that she thought the trios match would take place at Double or Nothing on May 28th. 

I don’t know what kind of match we’re gonna have (at Double or Nothing). I thought we were gonna do the trios match honestly at the pay-per-view but shocker, we’re doing it on Dynamite, which will be fun. It’s gonna be a lot of fun for us.

Following the 5/17 Dynamite, POST Wrestling is going to be live on our YouTube channel with a review

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Corner Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.