Sareee receives permission from WWE to wrestle in Japan during COVID-19 pandemic

Originally published at Sareee receives permission from WWE to wrestle in Japan during COVID-19 pandemic - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

Former Sendai Girls World Champion Sareee confirmed that she signed with the WWE back in February of this year. In March, Sareee was supposed to make the move to the United States to start her run in WWE but the COVID-19 pandemic prevented that from happening.

Sareee last wrestled in February and due her being under contract with WWE, she has not been able to wrestle since. Tokyo Sports ran an article which includes comments from Sareee and she confirmed that WWE has granted her permission to wrestle in Japan during the pandemic.

“I received permission to do professional wrestling in Japan during the period from WWE to the United States.”

Sareee added that when pro wrestling in Japan began to pick back up again, she started to feel lonely, frustrated and became impatient. Now that she has been granted permission to compete, Sareee is open to facing anyone on any platform.

Sareee was scouted by Paul “Triple H” Levesque in the Summer of 2019 while WWE toured Japan. It was there that Levesque and Sareee met at Sumo Hall.

1 Like

Good on the WWE for doing the kind thing here. Helps Saree’s state of mind and keeps her ring ready for when the move is possible.

I think that’s a great move. I can’t imagine how depressing it’d be to be a 16 hour flight away from work. Especially with how wrestling for so many of these people is an escape from the harsh realities of the world right now.