Scott D'Amore fired by Anthem - out of TNA

Regardless if you agree with it or not, Anthem got in the Impact game for one reason - content.

Allowing TNA talent on WWE TV doesn’t necessarily equal growth for Anthem. It helps WWE.

This may be shortsighted… But it’s logical from Anthem’s thought process.

2 Likes

1 Like

Alternately titled, kind of funny how all of the promotions who thought AEW would be great for them slowly decided to work with WWE instead?

Edit: I honestly thought I was in the meme thread when I posted this. Not looking for an argument.

1 Like

Well I can imagine the Anthem execs probably wondered what the benefit was of Grace appearing on Rumble and really there wasn’t one. Aside from footage of her appearing. WWE gave them nothing.

The only thing it did was highlight how much better Grace is than most of the WWE women.

2 Likes

Unfortunate to see. I’ve known Scott for a long time, he coached high school football here in Windsor back in the 90’s. my buddy played for him and I used to go down there and talk wrestling with him. He also ran Border City Wrestling for decades. I used to go to their shows all the time. Then in the mid 2000’s Scott trained me at the Can Am Wrestling School, he was the head trainer, though he was more hands off as Tyson Dux and Petey Williams did the majority of the training (for me at least).

I will say this, he was always nice to me and I always got a long with him. He does have a very strong personality which did rub some the wrong way, so it wouldn’t shock me if that had something to do with it. Regardless, I only have good things to say about him. I could easily see him landing in either WWE or AEW.

1 Like

In my limited dealing with Scott, he’s been nothing but professional and a great guy. I totally can see what you’re saying.

Assuming there is no dark secret reason as to why he’s been fired, I can’t imagine him but landing on his feet.

1 Like

So, much like Sinclair with ROH, Anthem sees a certain level of what they want to invest in TNA.

2 Likes

From Mike Johnson.

2 Likes

Lol damn. Guy goes in to ask for a budget increase and gets canned for budgetary reasons instead. Cue Alanis Morissette.

So just Anthem being Anthem. Remember, these are the same people who got rid of John and Wai. Not the brightest group

1 Like

Yup.

Scott was the guy who basically joined Impact the same week Anthem fired John and Wai.

I think it’s obvious that Scott had a vision for the company that went beyond being cheap in-house content for Anthem. Unfortunately, Anthem was happy to be at the level they are.

One has to wonder if this would have been the case if D’Amore nailed down a Punk, Ospreay, or Mercedes.

1 Like

Oh boy… Somebody doesn’t like Mike Johnson’s reporting on Scott D’Amore.

:joy::joy::joy:

The drama around the reporting may be more exciting than the actual news story.

5 Likes

Bix with the run in…

Meanwhile…

1 Like

Whether Hausman is right or wrong, he sounds like a 12 year old on Twitter. I dont see how anybody can take a “reporter” seriously when they are having little temper tantrums online.

I see why you dislike him so much.

4 Likes

He’s losing his mind with this meltdown.

1 Like

Someone woke Nick in the wrong side of the bed. Not really the decorum and behavior a professional reporter should have.

2 Likes

It seems like he’s upset that people aren’t focusing on allegations around Scott’s behavior within Impact. But offers no proof. And is just melting down…

1 Like

Nick Hausman can report straight facts for all i know, but his method of dissemination is really bad.

2 Likes

He’s a mess.

He’s currently arguing on Twitter with anybody calling him out for this behaviour.

1 Like