SD Notes: I Quit Match at MITB, Owens qualifies, Rollins vs. Cesaro next week

Originally published at SD Notes: I Quit Match at MITB, Owens qualifies, Rollins vs. Cesaro

On Friday Night SmackDown, it was confirmed that Bianca Belair will meet Bayley in an I Quit Match at Money in the Bank and Kevin Owens qualified for the men’s ladder match.

During a face-to-face segment, Belair agreed to defend the SmackDown Women’s Championship one more time against Bayley but it would be an “I Quit Match” to embarrass Bayley. The challenger agreed to the stipulation with Bayley adding that if she said those words that she would quit SmackDown, quit WWE, and quit competing altogether.

It is the third consecutive pay-per-view where Belair and Bayley will meet for the title after WrestleMania Backlash in May and Hell in a Cell in June. Bayley pinned Belair on the June 25th edition of SmackDown in a Mixed Tag Match involving Cesaro and Seth Rollins.

On Friday’s episode, Kevin Owens qualified for the men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match by defeating Sami Zayn in a tremendous Last Man Standing Match. Owens won after powerbombing Zayn through the announcer’s desk, a regular table, and ending with an apron bomb as Zayn could not answer the count of ten.

The match lasted over 23 minutes of television time with a pair of commercial breaks thrown in and was among the best WWE matches this year.

Owens joins Drew McIntyre, Riddle, John Morrison, Ricochet, and Big E. in the men’s match with two spots remaining.

The final two spots will be determined on next week’s episode of SmackDown when Seth Rollins faces Cesaro and King Nakamura takes on Baron Corbin in qualifying matches.

The show also saw the return of Zelina Vega to WWE and was added to the women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

Here is the updated card for WWE Money in the Bank on Sunday, July 18th in Fort Worth, Texas:
*WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (champion) vs. Edge
*WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (champion) vs. Kofi Kingston
*Raw Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley (champion) vs. Charlotte Flair
*SmackDown Women’s Championship, I Quit Match: Bianca Belair (champion) vs. Bayley
*Men’s MITB Ladder Match: Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Big E. vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kevin Owens vs. TBA vs. TBA
*Women’s MITB Ladder Match: Naomi vs. Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Cross vs. Carmella vs. Zelina Vega vs. TBA vs. TBA