SEAdLINNNG's Honori Hana stepping away from wrestling due to effects of COVID-19

Originally published at Honori Hana stepping away from wrestling due to effects of COVID-19

The effects of COVID-19 has led to Honori Hana stepping away from wrestling.

The SEAdLINNNG promotion in Japan announced over their social media platforms that Honori Hana is choosing to step away from pro wrestling.

Hana contracted COVID-19 and it has been difficult for her to continue wrestling since catching the virus. In post on the SEAdLINNNG site, it is noted that the illness grew worse over time. She apologized to those who have supported her along the way.

I am very sorry that I have to leave SEAdLINNNG and that I could not greet you directly. Although it was only for a short time, I am filled with gratitude for learning so many things through professional wrestling. I would like to thank all the senior members of SEAdLINNNG who raised my clumsy self from scratch, and all the people who supported me.

【花穂ノ利退団のご報告】https://t.co/Xroj7orDNz

欠場中の花穂ノ利は、コロナ疾患以降、持病の悪化によりプロレスを続けることが難しく、本人の希望もあり11月末日をもって退団することとなりました事をご報告させて頂きます。応援してくださった皆様には心よりお詫び申し上げます。#SEAdLINNNG

— SEAdLINNNG【公式】シードリング (@SLinnng) November 30, 2021

Honori Hana began her in-ring career in 2019. She last wrestled in late July.

Damn! Such a short career as well. It has to be stressed again. COVID 19 is no joke. This is still a serious virus and the effects can still linger to ones person after the virus is deemed out of their system.

(Note: I am not saying that she didn’t take the proper precautions, just that the disease is a life changer and everyone still needs to keep vigilant against it).