Sean Waltman cured of Hepatitis C, open to working a few more matches

Originally published at Sean Waltman cured of Hepatitis C, open to working a few more matches

After a ten month hiatus, Sean “X-Pac” Waltman is back pushing out episodes of his X-Pac 12360 podcast. The latest episode of the show was Q&A-based and Waltman broke the news that he’s now cured of Hepatitis C. In 2010, the news became public that he tested positive for Hep C and as far as wrestling goes, it stopped him from working in some states because of athletic commissions that would not clear him to work.

Waltman’s last match took place during WrestleMania weekend in 2019 and prior to that, he wrestled during the fall of 2018. During his most recent podcast, he spoke about being cured of Hep C and being interested in working a few more matches in 2021 once he has surgery for his torn ACL that he’s been working on for a decade.

I had Hepatitis C for a long time and that kept me — I tested positive when I came back to TNA and was doing that stuff with Kevin . I didn’t even know, don’t feel anything. Some people were going, ‘How come you never came back?’ So that’s the reason but now that’s clear and so now I’m gonna get my knee fixed. I’ve had a torn ACL since before the turn of this decade. I was in Mexico, still living in Mexico. I tore my ACL. It was like 2008, something like that, and so I’m gonna get that fixed and so sometime next year, I’ll put myself on the market, have a few more matches. People talk about, ‘Hey, you got another run left in you?’ Everyone thinks they have one more run left in them. I don’t care if a dude’s in a wheelchair, he swears to God he has another run left in him. But, any run that I would have would have to be a sprint because I just —

No . I don’t know if I want to. I probably got half-a-dozen good, hard matches in me.

Sean Waltman is in his late 40s. He appeared on WWE programming in early 2020 to promote the then-forthcoming induction of the n.W.o. (Sean Waltman, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Hogan) into the WWE Hall Of Fame. That ceremony was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the X-Pac 12360 podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

I assume Waltman is a WWE guy if they want him, especially with the still-pending (?) Hall of Fame induction. But it would be really cool to get a final Sean Waltman vs. Jerry Lynn match if they’re both up to it.

It’s amazing how when viral loads are suppressed it doesn’t seem to come back. I just learned last week that Jenny from Forest Gump died of Hep C and not AIDS as I had thought.