Series about Ohio Valley Wrestling to air on streaming service in 2023

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/02/16/series-about-ohio-valley-wrestling-to-air-on-streaming-service-in-2023/

A series is coming about Ohio Valley Wrestling. 

Present day, the once developmental territory, Ohio Valley Wrestling is now a standalone promotion/wrestling school that is ran by Al Snow, Matt Jones and Louisville mayor elect, Craig Greenberg.

Two-time WWE Tag Team Champion Doug Basham is helping out OVW and one of his titles is the ‘Advanced Wrestling Instructor’ for the promotion.

As Basham was speaking to John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) and Gerald Brisco on their ‘Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw’ show, he shared that a film crew came to visit OVW over the summer and said the footage they have will be used for a series about the promotion. He added that it’ll come out this year and it’ll be on a streaming service. Basham believes it’ll take OVW to the next level. 

I can only say so much. I can’t tell you everything that I know but, we (Ohio Valley Wrestling) were part of a project. I’ll try and be as careful as I can. A crew came in and did a lot of filming this past summer and I think it’s gonna be a docu-series on OVW. I hope I didn’t say too much there, because I’m not supposed to say too much. But it’s going to come out, all the stuff that we filmed and everything’s gonna come out sometime this year. I don’t know. It could be this month, it could be spring, it could be summer, it could be winter, I don’t know. I don’t have that information. They won’t tell us and it will be coming out on a streaming service. That’s about as much as I could say but you know, just keep your eyes open for a series that’ll be coming out on a streaming service and it’ll be about OVW and I’m very proud to be a part of everything that happened and that’s gonna help — a lot of people know about OVW and Ohio Valley Wrestling but I think this right here will take OVW to a whole other level because it’s — ah, I gotta be careful. It’s just gonna… tell people a little bit more about OVW I think.

Ohio Valley Wrestling has been operating since the late 1990s. An abundance of talent have trained at the school including Randy Orton, Dave Bautista, Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, John Cena, Mickie James and Cody Rhodes. 

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.