Shane 'Swerve' Strickland signs with AEW

Originally published at Shane 'Swerve' Strickland signs with AEW

The newest signee to All Elite Wrestling.

Following the Face of the Revolution Ladder match that was won by Wardlow, Tony Schiavone brought out AEW’s newest signing which was revealed to be Shane ‘Swerve’ Strickland.

AEW President Tony Khan took to social media shortly after to welcomed ‘Swerve’ into the company with his official graphic.

It’s official! @swerveconfident is ALL ELITE!#AEWRevolution pic.twitter.com/nXOuAXryR1

— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 7, 2022

Welcome to #AEW @swerveconfident Shane Strickland! #AEWRevolution is LIVE on PPV! Available on @BleacherReport & @FiteTV (Int.)! pic.twitter.com/afXZvALATv

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) March 7, 2022

Strickland is going to be competing at Ring of Honor’s Supercard of Honor show on April 1st in Texas. This past Wednesday, Tony Khan made the announcement that he is now the owner of Ring of Honor.

1 Like

How many hours of Dark and Elevation do they need to fill? How many people do they need?

Saw this coming based on earlier reports from elsewhere. Also saw it coming seconds before he came out because Tony was waving that clipboard around, and you could see SWERVE written right on the front.

Talented dude added to a roster of talent people. I’ve shared my concerns of roster bloat, but also feel they can (and have) cycled wrestlers in and out; you don’t see the same match week after week like you do in WWE.

It’s nice that the crowd there recognized him.

1 Like

Any word on the rest of hit row? I feel like he would have more impact if the entire stable came in.

1 Like

No word on the other three members of Hit Row yet. Just that they’re off on their own as the HitMakerZ, with GCW’s For The Culture over WM Weekend as one of their stops.

This guy should be a future superstar. He doesnt need those losers from a shitty developmental stable to bring him down.

1 Like

I think you’re on an island with this one. Hit Row was an extremely over faction in NXT, and I think he would do better in a stable then solo. I am worried he gets lost in the shuffle.

Exactly. Anyone who says Swerve needs a stable has never seen his work on the indies or outside of WWE. The guy has an it factor and is loaded with charisma

Even in WWE (technically NXT) I thought he shined. His talent came through as a great worker and then when he joined Hit Row his character work excelled too.

I don’t think he needs Hit Row in AEW. Their gimmicks a little too close to the Acclaimed. AEW could always have him team up with the Acclaimed at some point.

But hopefully they have an idea of something to do with him. It seems like they have enough feuds and storylines to fill up 3 hours a week which leaves a lot of talented guys to pop in and out without any reason. Which I’m not knocking. It’s a great problem to have watching as a fan.

For the record, I don’t think Hit Row in imperative for him to succeed, I think from a story perspective, by bringing in Hit Row it will give him a greater chance of success.

This isn’t directed at you, but rather a comment in general….Hit Row was a very popular stable that connected with the fans, especially the black community. From what I’ve read on social media, it’s evident that there are a lot of fans that want to see this group together, and I think it would be awesome if fans could get that. Also, to be blunt, I want to see more POC in AEW, and bringing in a stable that was over big time in NXT would be a nice step in helping fix an issue that AEW does have.

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that AJ Francis/Top Dolla is still gonna appear on the upcoming seasons of WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures. Gonna be a bit awkward but it is what it is.

Wish myself that Hit Row would’ve gotten that chance to get over together on the big stage.

1 Like

Same here. A lot of the releases I understood from a creative standpoint (I didnt like that they were released, but I understood), Hit Row was one the ones that made absolutely no sense.