Shawn Michaels proud of what NXT 2.0 accomplished, described it as "nothing short of a miracle"

Originally published at Shawn Michaels proud of what WWE NXT 2.0 accomplished, described it as "nothing short of a miracle"

Michaels looks back on the past year of NXT.

There was a video package that aired at the conclusion of the 9/13 NXT 2.0 which was the one-year anniversary episode. Shawn Michaels did the voiceover for the package and at the end of it, he stated that they are always evolving which led to the NXT 2.0 logo transitioning into a white and gold NXT logo.

Michaels, WWE’s Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative, reflected on the past year of the NXT 2.0 product while speaking to San Antonio Express-News.

He expressed how proud he is of the brand and said most their roster had just graduated college the year prior and to accomplish what they accomplished is nothing short of a miracle.

It was all very sudden for all of us … It was an event where we had to quickly make a lot of changes and get a lot of things accomplished.

We had 75 percent of the roster who had just graduated college the year before and had never stepped foot inside wrestling ring. These are young men and women who had to learn on live television for the last 12 months. What we have accomplished here in the last year is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion.

Michaels was interviewed by the outlet to promote the 2023 Royal Rumble which is emanating from the Alamodome in San Antonio where Michaels grew up.

Following tonight’s episode of NXT, the upNXT crew will have a review of the program that can be heard at this link.

I know it’s just a logo, but thank god. I absolutely hated that multi coloured logo. I felt like I was watching kids show on Nickelodeon.

Agreed. I’m not the guy to get worked up over belts or logos or even gear if it’s not completely ridiculous. But the 2.0 logo had to go.

WWE is in a creative grace period right now as things transition from Vince to HHH, it was smart to take advantage and fix something like this rather than stick with it just for the sake of not changing again so soon (I was surprised to see recently that it had even been a full year of 2.0).

1 Like