Shawn Michaels' return match is confirmed for Crown Jewel

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/10/08/shawn-michaels-returns-match-is-confirmed-for-crown-jewel/

In the opening segment of Monday’s Raw, the previously reported tag match at Crown Jewel was confirmed with Shawn Michaels set to make his return on the November 2nd show in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Michaels will team with Triple H to take on The Undertaker & Kane at King Fahd International Stadium.

This will be Michaels’ first match since WrestleMania 26 on March 28th, 2010, where he lost to The Undertaker with his career on the line.

Since 2010, Michaels has received numerous offers from the company to do another match but was always adamant about not returning and feeling his career was complete.

While specifics are not known, it is believed Michaels will be making an incredible amount for this match.

It was also announced on Raw that Kurt Angle and John Cena will be part of the eight-man World Cup tournament that takes place at Crown Jewel. The tournament will feature four wrestlers from Raw and four from SmackDown.

I get this is a “big” match but man am I let down by this. Think of all the possible dream matches we’d love to see Shawn in and he’s with the Brothers of Destruction, who are both really beat up.

It’s all just about the money. I honestly can’t say if I’d turn down a million dollars, but as a fan it makes you really cynical. It’s also annoying that the whole idea of Hogan coming back is for the Saudis as well.

2 Likes

The whole thing is disappointing to me – he could have come out of retirement for some really interesting programs before now (Bryan, AJ, Punk spring to mind) but after 8 years he returns to reprise DX again and revive a feud that first started 20 years ago. Yay. I was a huge HBK fan but have absolutely no desire to see this.

Kane kills this for me.

Who would you rather Undertaker’s partner be then?

Saudi Prince so rich he can do the real version of playing WWE2K.

As for coming back from retirement…it’s a rather simple concept we’ve known since the million Dollar Man. Everybody has a price.

Nobody forcing anyone to watch…here anyways? I don’t know about the Saudi Arabian audience.

The main thing I’m wondering is if any Canadian performers and production staff can enter the country based off the recent series of events between our respective governments

Rather see a singles match

You will get one eventually. Rather see a singles for Shawn or Taker? If you saw Taker vs HHH I have no idea why you would ever want to see another singles or match period for Taker.

Jericho has stated he won’t do it, KO and Sami are both out injured, obviously none of the girls will be there so then you are down to lower cars guys like Bobby Roode, Jinder Mahal & Tye Dillinger and I don’t think anybody would notice if they were on the card or not.

I think Kane sucks more than the other three. I don’t know what else to say.

The deal between WWE and SKA keeps getting grosser and grosser.