Significant program planned for WrestleMania 38

Originally published at Significant program planned for WrestleMania 38

Another major name is expected to take part in WrestleMania 38, which will surprise some.

POST Wrestling can confirm that Vince McMahon is expected to launch a program with Pat McAfee, which will include WrestleMania 38.

Multiple sources informed us that McAfee was set for something on the show involving McMahon.

When speaking with a source with knowledge of the situation and whether it will be billed as an official match on the WrestleMania card, we were told “most likely.”

McMahon will be appearing on The Pat McAfee Show this Thursday at Noon Eastern and will presumably, begin the story.

BREAKING: @VinceMcMahon will join Pat McAfee next Thursday on the @PatMcAfeeShow! pic.twitter.com/g2X5CFsCM0

— WWE (@WWE) February 26, 2022

It was first reported by Brad Shepard that McMahon was considering an in-ring return at WrestleMania, but stated it was not official when he reported it earlier this week.

McMahon is 76-years old and last wrestled at WrestleMania 26 in March 2010 against Bret Hart in Glendale, Arizona.

In October 2012, he took part in a brawl with CM Punk, which was not recognized as an official match.

Over the years, he has gotten involved in physical angles including taking a headbutt from Kevin Owens during an episode of SmackDown in October 2017.

For McAfee, he wrestled twice in NXT including a singles match with Adam Cole in August 2020, which received a lot of praise. He also competed in the War Games match in December 2020 teaming with Danny Burch, Oney Lorcan & Pete Dunne against The Undisputed Era.

In April of 2021, McAfee was moved to the broadcast booth on Friday Night SmackDown alongside Michael Cole.

I guess McMahon vs McAfee is “significant”. But it also sounds god awful.

I live in Dallas and never dreamed I would miss an opportunity to go WrestleMania in my home town but so far they haven’t announced or teased a single thing that would convince me to spend the insanely high ticket prices they have set. Stuff like McMahon vs McAfee and Logan Paul is an active turnoff more likely to keep me home than paying to go to the show.

1 Like

Is Austin vs Owens and Rollins vs Cody enough to intrigue you?

Don’t be surprised when Vince’s documentary trailer drops during Mania

Yup I was thinking the same thing. Probably explains this all better

Neither of those are confirmed yet lol. I think Austin vs Owens is likely but not direction on Cody and Rollins is evident. If anything Cody vs Edge was teased more

1 Like

Oh I know, I was curious if they do become official if they would be enough to the change the posters mind.

I have to think Rollins faces Rhodes. Meltzer reported the plan was Rollins vs Shane and now Shane is gone leaving Seth with no opponent. It would be a great match, Cody could go over and it wouldn’t hurt Seth, and fans would be happy because then Cody’s first match would feel like a big deal.

Congrats on the scoop, John!

1 Like

Hopefully Vince doesn’t Actually wrestle and puts Austin Theory in his place or something

This actually makes a ton of sense….he’s way too old now. I have to imagine that at most, he takes 1 safe bump.

1 Like

I think he’s going to win the match and then stone cold will toast them for a beer and give him a stunner

This writes itself

Rollins vs Cody yes I’m interested in.

I’m sure I would be entertained by an Austin appearance. I don’t want a match. He was used fine at WM30 & WM32. Just have him give Owens a stunner after a match instead of trying to drag a match out of him when he hasn’t wrestled in 20 f’n years.

And of the other stuff teased or announced I’m sure AJ vs Edge And Becky vs Bianca will be good. I’m even curious as to whether they can finally figure out the formula for Lesnar vs Reigns because most of their matches have sucked but maybe switching the heel/face dynamic will make it better.

But none of it may be worth the INSANE ticket prices. The cheap seats for two-nights STARTS at $140 bucks for tickets in the top tier where your just watching the Jumbotron. For WM32 I think I spent around $150 for lower bowl tickets. I just can’t justify spending that much for shitty seats or even more for better seats. Plus two nights of babysitters and parking. I fucking hate the two night thing.

I might look at just Sunday if ticket prices come down the week of the show. But if they then load up Sunday with all the celebrity shit I will be really pissed.

Oh wow! I didn’t realize it was that expensive. I havent been to a mania since 23 came to Detroit and if I remember correctly, upper bowl was like $50.

1 Like