Slim Jim back onboard as WWE Royal Rumble sponsor following Vince McMahon's resignation

Originally published at Slim Jim back onboard as WWE Royal Rumble sponsor following Vince McMahon's resignation

Slim Jim is back as a Royal Rumble sponsor. 

As the details of Janel Grant’s civil lawsuit against Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis and WWE gained more national coverage, Slim Jim, a sponsor for WWE, opted to put a pause on their working relationship. McMahon and Laurinaitis were accused of sexual abuse, sex trafficking and emotional abuse by the former WWE employee. 

Slim Jim had been billed as the main sponsor for the 2024 Royal Rumble Premium Live event. On 1/26, it was announced that Vince McMahon would be resigning from all roles at WWE and TKO Group Holdings

Today, it was first noted by WrestleVotes that Slim Jack is now back as the main sponsor for the Royal Rumble and POST Wrestling’s John Pollock received a statement from Slim Jim: 

After the departure of Vince McMahon, and discussions with WWE TKO senior leadership, Slim Jim has decided to re-enter the Royal Rumble.

The details of Grant’s lawsuit was broken down on the latest episode of Pollock x Thurston which can be watched here.

Incredibly disappointed to hear this.

Vince is still a shareholder. Vince is still getting paid. His enablers and supporters are still in the company.

3 Likes

Everybody hopes this all dies down with Vince’s resignation. I hope this was just the tip of the iceberg and we will soon see the whole thing melt down.

2 Likes

I really do believe Vince’s inner circle will slowly begin to “retire”. It may take time, but fingers crossed.

Yes. Not to implicate anybody in this specifically, but Kevin Dunn just left. Johnny Ace is gone. Bruce Pritchard is 60 (younger than I expected, actually). Haven’t heard the name Jerry McDevitt around this at all.

They will all be gone soon enough anyway without Vince to keep them around. But I do expect this will expedite. Obviously, you get rid of everybody involved, but you also want to ditch as much brass from the older era as possible, whether they are guilty or not. Start over if you have to.

2 Likes

You watching tonight?

Nope.

Haven’t supported the product in any way (aside from some comps I’ve gotten for local shows) since the Jamal Khashoggi murder - and the fact they had no problem sports washing.

3 Likes