Sonny Kiss says being with AEW is like a dream come true, wishes he could be featured more

Originally published at Sonny Kiss discusses run in AEW, wishes he could be featured more

Sonny Kiss reflects on his time with AEW so far.

Going into AEW’s first event which was Double Or Nothing 2019, it was announced that Sonny Kiss was joining the talent roster full-time and Sonny has been a part of the company since. The 28-year-old Kiss regularly competes on the Dark and Dark: Elevation programs and his No-DQ match with Joey Janela will air on the 12/28 Dark.

Sonny’s last match on Dynamite was in October of 2020 when she took on Kenny Omega in the AEW World Title Eliminator tournament. Sonny reflected on her run in AEW thus far while chatting with The Shining Wizards Wrestling Podcast. She says it is like a dream come true but does wish that she could be featured more. Sonny believes that more opportunities will come with time and patience.

It’s been honestly like a dream come true. Obviously there’s times where I’m like, ‘Ah, I wish I could be featured more, I wish I could be like, you know, in the spotlight more’ and there’s so many talent that comes in and they get their just due because a lot of them are so, so talented. Like you look at someone like Dante Martin who’s so young but he’s amazing and he’s such a wonderful person and like totally deserves all that he’s getting but also there’s times when I’m just like, ‘Damn, I want to do some cool stuff too. I want to do more and more and more and more.’ I think that’ll come eventually with time too and patience and you know, I gotta keep working hard and keep pushing through.

Sonny wants to continue working towards those opportunities and she had a conversation with Cody Rhodes about her position in the company. Sonny went on to reveal that she was a dancer for The Lucha Brothers (Rey Fenix & Penta El Zero M’s) entrance at All Out. Sonny choregraphed the routine.

Absolutely . Yeah, I was one of the dancers and I choreographed the routine. That was me behind that mask and all that stuff and I asked Cody that same night, I was like, ‘Should I be doing this? Is this okay? Does this make me look bad?’ And he’s like, ‘No. Not at all.’ He was like, ‘Yeah, you’re not doing anything else’ and then he’s like, ‘Why not? You know? Help contribute to make someone else’s entrance look better’ and stuff like that so, yeah, it was reassuring for sure.

Prior to the No-DQ match against Joey Janela, Sonny last competed for AEW on the 12/11 episode of Dark. That show is covered here on POST Wrestling via the ‘Shot In The Dark’ audio show.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Shining Wizards Wrestling Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.