Sonny Kiss thinks joining 'The Baddies' would be organic and easy to maneuver through

Originally published at Sonny Kiss thinks joining The Baddies would be organic and easy to maneuver through

Sonny Kiss discusses the idea of aligning with Jade Cargill, Red Velvet and Kiera Hogan.

The first-ever and reigning TBS Champion Jade Cargill is five months into her run as the title holder. ‘Smart’ Mark Sterling was paired with Jade as a manager and in addition to that, Kiera Hogan and Red Velvet have aligned with Jade as well and collectively, the trio is known as ‘The Baddies’.

Velvet and Hogan have shared videos and photos on social media of themselves with fellow AEW talent Sonny Kiss. Sonny discussed the idea of joining The Baddies while on ‘Vegas Bad Boyz Of Podcasting’. She thinks it would be organic and probably the easiest story to maneuver through in terms of making it happen.

Obviously, the latest one is The Baddies which there’s been like over thousands, honestly, like, kind of petitions to get me to join which I think it’s probably the most organic faction that I probably could join. So I would say The Baddies. I feel like that feels a lot more organic, especially right now. I feel like it’s the most probable and probably the easiest to maneuver through. I think it’d be a really fun idea for sure.

In early May, Malakai Black said during a media appearance that he’s interested in working with Sonny on-screen. Sonny heaped praise onto Malakai and shared that he has taken her under his wing in AEW.

I think the fact that I’m even here is just huge for me. Definitely, sometimes I don’t take it in as much as I should. The fact that I’m here, I’m mentored by my idols Dustin Rhodes and Billy Gunn, you know, people like that. I’ve grown such a great relationship with people that I truly admire like FTR, like Jay Lethal, like Malakai Black who I adore. Malakai Black is absolutely amazing. Watching him on TV and now working with him and now him taking me under his wing, it’s like such a great feeling so honestly, I just really — what I gained from these past couple of years is that it’s only the beginning and I just gotta keep going and keep pushing.

Sonny was last in action for AEW at the Dark: Elevation tapings earlier this month. Kiss’ last televised match was in the fall of 2020.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Vegas Bad Boyz Of Podcasting with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

They have been criminally under-utilized. I would LOVE to see Sonny as part of the Baddies.

2 Likes

Same!! It’s a perfect fit for them.