Starrcast Podcast Convention During All In Weekend August 30th-September 2nd

There is going to be a wrestling podcast convention during All In weekend at the Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg, Illinois. Conrad Thompson announced that he and Tony Schiavone will be there Thursday and Friday on this week’s What Happened When podcast.

This sounds awesome. I will definitely be there, since I live in the area. Any one else going?

Link to the festivities: http://www.starrcast.com/p/welcome.html

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to get reservations at the hotel the convention is being held, but I was able to make one at the Hyatt Place which is in the same parking lot. It’s crazy how many places are already starting to fill up in the area and they haven’t even announced ticket prices to this convention and all-in.

As long as I don’t have any problems getting convention and all-in tickets, I’ll be there.

1 Like

Chicagoan and a tour guide here,

Schaumburg is a solid trek from downtown Chicago, over an hour for the most part…

You can do it with the extra expense of travel. If you want to make it a real trip, see the city,betc it will be worth it for first time visitors.

2 Likes

My wife and I have visited Chicago before but we plan to spend Thursday and maybe Friday in downtown. We want to visit the art institute, millennium park and maybe Lincoln Park zoo again. She doesn’t want to go to All in so she will likely go watch a movie while I am at that, then we’ll fly home on Sunday and recoup on labor day before back to work on Tuesday.

Don’t forget to try our pizza! The most popular pizza places here are Lou Malnati’s, Giordano’s, Gino’s East, and Pequod’s. The only place I don’t really enjoy is Pequod’s. Also, Schaumburg has a huge mall with a movie theater that might keep your wife busy if she gets bored during the convention or doesn’t want to attend.

1 Like

I saw Giordano’s has a location near the hotel, and yes the fact the hotel was close to a mall with a movie theater is what put this trip over as a go. I noticed TGI Fridays is also pretty close :wink:

Starrcast twitter is asking what podcast should get an invite, let give Post Wrestling some more love!

https://twitter.com/Starrcast18

1 Like

As a Chicagoan, I’d also add to kevamania’s excellent insights: if you’re going to All In, do NOT fly into Midway unless you’re ok with paying $100 each way for a taxi/Uber to get to Hoffman Estates. Anyone thinking about flying Southwest to Chicago, know that it only flys to Midway.

Also, on weekends it’s basically impossible to get from O’Hare or Downtown to Hoffman Estates via public transit. On weekdays you’d need to take one L train and two busses, but on weekends one of the required bus lines does not operate.

Tickets go on sale tonight for this! A day-by-day schedule of events has also been added to the website. This is going to be super cool. It’s been a while since Chicago has had such a noteworthy wrestling event in the area. WWE has really given the Chicago market the short end of the stick by giving us the May or June PPV every year.

Still working on details, but POST should have a booth at Starrcast on Saturday.

5 Likes

Nice. I’m not going to be there, but good job @wai0937 & @johnpollock

1 Like