Superstar Shakeup 2019 - where should people go?

So the “Superstar Shakeup” is scheduled for next week. What are some of the trades, changes or call-ups that should be made to create some new feuds and hopefully better television over the next few months?

Here are a few of mine. I tried to look at it from the perspective of what would make Raw and Smackdown better shows. Whereas If I was just doing it selfishly I would put all my favorites on Smackdown and never have to worry about 3 hour Raws.

Raw:
What we’ve learned since the brand split is that the same 20 minute meaningless matches between good performers doesn’t carry the show each week. Raw needs to be able to fill the time with strong promos, skits, interviews and matches. So I would move the strongest talkers (and wrestlers) to Raw.

• Universal Champion - Stays Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan (w/ Rowan) moves to Raw - Immediately a UC contender. A hot babyface Rollins vs heel Bryan feud would be awesome and really a dream match for many.
  • Kevin Owns moves to Raw - Strong talker. Was more relevant on Raw before his injury.
  • The Usos - The Usos and the New Day need to be on separate shows for awhile.
  • The Miz moves to Raw. Ends the Shane vs Miz feud before it gets stale.
  • Samoa Joe moves to Raw. Another good contender for Seth Rollins.
  • Charlotte to Raw. Makes room for women call ups on SD.

Smackdown:
Being a two hour show, Smackdown does a much better job of rehabbing characters Raw has wasted by hiding their weaknesses and there are a few guys that need to be refreshed.

WWE Champ - Stays Kofi Kingston

• Sami Zayn moves to SD. Keep away from Kevin Owens.
  • Lars Sullivan stays on SD. His gimmick is too similar to Braun. They should be on separate shows until they are ready for a big match.
  • Finn Balor moves to SD. Switching the IC and US belts.
  • Lacey Evans stays on Smackdown where she can better establish a character.

I think we can expect some major names moving to Smackdown with the move to FOX looming later in the year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Roman Reigns or Braun Strowman make the jump over.

I agree that’s possible too. Although with it still being a few months away they could also do the Superstar Shakeup next week to help out Raw and then also do another round of trades/callups after Summerslam to boost Smackdown.

I think putting Roman Reigns on Smackdown is a great idea. Raw fans after 3 hours are snarkier than Smackdown fans and he’s more likely to be handled better with less TV time on smackdown.

1 Like

If they’re going to treat a brand split seriously, then this is the time to load up Smackdown for Fox. If not, then it’s probably just to setup the main programs through Summerslam.

1 Like

Move to Smackdown:

• Finn Balor

• Lashley (without Lio Rush)

• Elias

• Bayley and Sasha Banks

• Dana Brooke

• The Revival

Move to Raw:

• Andrade

• The Miz

• The Usos

• Rusev and Lana

• Shinsuke Nakamura

• Asuka

I agree with your moves to Smackdown.

But I think moving Shinsuke and Asuka to Raw would be huge mistakes. Their English is getting better but they still can’t be put in long speaking segments like Raw needs to fill up time. They would be treated like Lucha House Party and quickly get pushed to the bottom of the card even worse than they have been treated on SD.

Andrade could survive and do well on Raw as long as he is kept with Zelina who is a terrific manager.

First of all, i’m really excited to go to the smackdown taping on tuesday especially since sportsnet 360 is postponing the airing of smackdown on tuesday because of the nhl playoffs, so i won’t have to wait until friday to see what happens.

As far as the shakeup his concern, First i think we will found out where the original nxt call ups are going to end up as you really need to address that now.

So for the NXT call ups: i see

EC3 on Raw: he’s not a big star, you can have him with Drake maverick as his manager and if it doesn’t work he can continue working on Main event.

Heavy machinery on Smackdown: all the comedy teams are on Raw so why not send on down to smackdown

Nikki Cross on Smackdown: it doesn’t really matter where she ends up, they don’t use her anyway, might as well just have her go back into obscurity with sanity.

Lacey Evans on Raw: they see a lot of potential in her especially because of her military background and since she in a feud with becky, you need becky’s first feud to be on raw.

Ricochet and aleister black on smackdown: the smackdown tag division need a refresh and i just want to see the hardy’s vs black and ricochett.

Lars sullivan on raw: I see strowman moving to smackdown so they need a new monster on raw and he fit the bill.

Now for who i see moving

RAW:

New day (xavier and Big e): I fell like this will be to tempting for WWE and they will want to seperate the other new day members from kofi.

The Uso’s: They pretty much did everything they could on smackdown so i see them get moved.

Naomi: mostly because the uso’s are moving so she will come with them

Samoa joe: continuing the trend of moving the secondary title holders for a third year. So while i rather see Joe stay on smackdown, i can help but think they will move him just because he’s the u.s champ

A.J. Styles: kinda like the uso’s, a.J. as pretty much done everything he could on smackdown and really need a change of environment

Smackdown

Braun Strowman: why not, at this point the guy is over and becoming a pretty major star despite his booking plus he’s been on raw since the beginning of the brand split.

Drew mcintyre: Kofi needs a major heel to feud with outside of bryan so why not send the one guy that the company is being to feud with kofi.

Roman Reigns: with A.J. Gone, i wouldn’t be surprise if they send him to smackdown. Like it or not he pretty much a top guy in the company and one of the face of the company with A.J. Styles so i’m sure fox executives would really love to see him on their show.

Finn Balor: same as joe: He’s The IC champ and they like to switch the secondary champion every year.

Ronda Rousey: technically they might just announce this on the website after the fact and since she a part timer now they might not think that it’s even worth it to mention the switch but i see them having her on smackdown when they debut on fox in the fall.

I just wish they’d introduce NXT to the shuffle with the ability for people to go from Raw / Smackdown to the NXT brand.

If NXT was included who would you send to it?

To me, it only makes sense to send people to NXT if there is enough potential in the persons wrestling or mic skills but they need a total rebranding like Husky Harris to Bray Wyatt. Just because someones a jobber doesn’t mean he need to go to NXT. Raw and Smackdown need Jobbers too.

No, that’s a fair point.
I just think that it would allow for people to refresh or give them an opportunity to thrive in a different environment.

And if would help freshen up NXT too, and allow for more experienced talent to help up and comers.

Off the top of my head, a Luke Harper would be fantastic to see in a NXT environment, where he has never fully had an opportunity to shine as a singles competitor on the main roster, for more than a brief moment.

I am sure there are tons of examples - but it would certainly help give attention to a lot of talent on the roster that is just filling space on Monday nights.

To be honest, this has got to be the start of whatever major programmes/Angles they have planned before they move stations.

They have got to get the ball rolling so everything’s in full flow instead of starting storylines when they move

1 Like

You mean the match that should never happen ? :slight_smile:

Not sure if exact moves I’d just like them to establish the brands so they have distinct feels, maybe keep a generally smaller lineup on smackdown and make it feel more like the step up from NXT, and have RAW be the larger smash mouth brand. Probably eliminate one of the men’s tag titles and combine those divisions. Keep the shoes more separate other than things like the tag titles or Becky right now, so cross over matches feel special.

Smackdown is either getting decimated or Star studded it depends if this shakeup sets up the Fox roaster or if they wait to week before/of the Fox show to reshake things up or do trades etc because once it gets to fox it will be stacked.

6 months is not a long time but in wrestling tv time that’s forever! and I can see any changes and Feuds getting old by then Smackdown should be a lame duck until October other then minimum contract obligations to USA no reason to waste big feuds so it will either be 6 months of teasing feuds with new roaster or they will burn them all out by then.

That being said I will assume this week is setting the Fox SD roaster for that here are my picks/predictions

Moving to Raw

• Daniel Bryan I Think he needs a reset or change of Scenery plus to counter all the big SD Roaster.
  • AJ Styles Same as above but I would like to see both of these separated or different show (good chance he stays on sd though)
  • Samoa Joe US and IC title switch
  • The Uso Losing SD tag titles they are gone to raw
  • New Day including Kofi (bring Kofi Back if he is still hot when Fox Starts) title switch again
    -Kevin Owens his return has been muddied he needs a good raw start
  • Sheamus needs a reset
  • Rusev Reset (2 years without ppv win)
  • Shinsuke Nakamura (Reset!)
  • Carmella
  • Naomi (with the uso moving)
  • Mandy Rose
  • Sonya

Moving To Smackdown

• FInn Balor title switch
  • Aleister Black & Ricochet
  • Cesaro
  • Drew Mcintyre his presence on sd last week was a good fit
  • Roman Reigns A big Star
  • Seth Rollins title switch
  • Braun Strowman Must watch TV
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Sasha Banks
  • Bayley
  • Elias

SD:

• Brock Lesnar
  • Ricochet
  • Finn Balor
  • Lars Sullivan
  • Ronda Rousey
  • Mojo Rawley
  • EC3
  • Sasha Banks
  • Ember Moon
  • Chad Gable
  • Dana Brooke

RAW:

• Andrade
  • Zelina Vega
  • Aliestar Black
  • Big E
  • Nakamura
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Mandy Rose
  • Carmella
  • Usos
  • Naomi

I’m thinking they load up on big names and starpower for SD to build hype for the Fox move. Everything else will be completely random.