So the “Superstar Shakeup” is scheduled for next week. What are some of the trades, changes or call-ups that should be made to create some new feuds and hopefully better television over the next few months?
Here are a few of mine. I tried to look at it from the perspective of what would make Raw and Smackdown better shows. Whereas If I was just doing it selfishly I would put all my favorites on Smackdown and never have to worry about 3 hour Raws.
What we’ve learned since the brand split is that the same 20 minute meaningless matches between good performers doesn’t carry the show each week. Raw needs to be able to fill the time with strong promos, skits, interviews and matches. So I would move the strongest talkers (and wrestlers) to Raw.
- Universal Champion - Stays Seth Rollins
- Daniel Bryan (w/ Rowan) moves to Raw - Immediately a UC contender. A hot babyface Rollins vs heel Bryan feud would be awesome and really a dream match for many.
- Kevin Owns moves to Raw - Strong talker. Was more relevant on Raw before his injury.
- The Usos - The Usos and the New Day need to be on separate shows for awhile.
- The Miz moves to Raw. Ends the Shane vs Miz feud before it gets stale.
- Samoa Joe moves to Raw. Another good contender for Seth Rollins.
- Charlotte to Raw. Makes room for women call ups on SD.
Being a two hour show, Smackdown does a much better job of rehabbing characters Raw has wasted by hiding their weaknesses and there are a few guys that need to be refreshed.
WWE Champ - Stays Kofi Kingston
- Sami Zayn moves to SD. Keep away from Kevin Owens.
- Lars Sullivan stays on SD. His gimmick is too similar to Braun. They should be on separate shows until they are ready for a big match.
- Finn Balor moves to SD. Switching the IC and US belts.
- Lacey Evans stays on Smackdown where she can better establish a character.