Takami Ohbari has wanted to host All Together Again event since he became NJPW President

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/27/takami-ohbari-has-wanted-to-host-all-together-again-event-since-he-became-njpw-president/

An event such as All Together Again has been on Ohbari’s radar since 2020. 

Days after New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Dominion event, the company is going to be banding together with All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH on 6/9 to present All Together Again

The full match card has yet to be announced. The forthcoming event was discussed by NJPW President Takami Ohbari, who shared that he’s wanted to run an event like this since he became President in 2020. He told Proresu-TODAY the following:

Actually, I wanted to hold this event (All Together) right after I became President in 2020. Before that, I had been working with other organizations to petition Dr. Hase. Since I became President, I have placed great emphasis on horizontal ties. Of course, in the case of Corona, our first objective is to work together to overcome hardships, rise up together, and give back to the fans who supported us during this period.

However, from the perspective of a single New Japan company, if whether you watch New Japan Pro-Wrestling or not becomes equal to whether you watch wrestling or not, we can’t get our customers to come back. If they can find various good points in the wrestling industry, they will not say, I don’t watch New Japan Pro-Wrestling anymore, so let’s go camping or play golf, but they will say, let’s watch NOAH, or let’s watch All Japan.

It is sad to see fans go to other organizations, but even if they become fans of other organizations, as long as they continue to love pro wrestling, they will have opportunities to see and hear about the events and interesting things happening in New Japan. That way, depending on our efforts, they have a chance to come back someday. It is much harder to fight against other hobbies and habits.

As of this writing, below the current match card for All Together Again: 

• Kaito Kiyomiya, Kento Miyahara & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Yuma Aoyagi & Kenoh
  • Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs. Yuji Nagata, Suwama & Yuma Anzai
  • YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Masa Kitamiya, Daiki Inabi & Yoshiki Inamura