Teddy Hart charged with strangulation causing bodily harm

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/03/27/teddy-hart-charged-with-strangulation-causing-bodily-harm/

Teddy Hart (Edward Annis) was arraigned on Friday following his arrest on Thursday in Richmond, Virginia.

The 40-year old is facing a charge of strangulation resulting in wounding/bodily harm and is a class six felony carrying a maximum penalty of five years in prison within the state of Virginia.

Hart is being held without bond with his next court date listed for Wednesday, April 22nd.

The arrest occurred on Thursday with independent wrestler Ace Montana posting a message accusing Hart of physically assaulting wrestler Maria Manic (Maria Spiro), who has had a relationship with Hart in the past. Montana wrote:

I literally had to pull my gun on #Teddyhart and throw him out of my friends house. This piece of shit literally choked out and physically assaulted Maria Manic and would not let her get help. she texted me I’m in danger never ever did I think I would meet a piece of shit like this guy who has now been arrested with a felony against him. I don’t think this guy knew how close to death he was. #fuckyouteddyheart This video is me kick him out before the cops came and arrested him.

Montana also posted a video confronting Hart, who denied he attacked Manic.

This was Hart’s third time being arrested in 2020 with the first on February 12th and faced charges of possession, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, and possession with intent to sell and distribute. A violation of the terms of his house arrest led to another arrest earlier this month.