Tessa Blanchard Wins IMPACT World Championship At 'Hard To Kill'

I totally get why it happened. But where were these stories months ago before Impact decided to rocket her to the top of their brand? less than 48 hours before she is set to become their champion all of a sudden we find out what kind of person she is/was/whatever…it’s like wrestlers take particular pleasure in fucking with each other at the most savage time.

This is no defense of Tessa. Probably deserves what she is getting in terms of backlash and the truth being out there. But she’s been a pretty big name for a while now with these stories out there and now it comes out. Why couldn’t somebody say something sooner before an entire company was backed into a bad spot :roll_eyes:

As for her saying women should support each other…dare anyone speak back at Stephanie McMahon’s hypocrisy…or are they all just going to sit on their hands hoping for a contract one day? So much of this feels opportunistic, or for the wrong reasons.

Like hey, if Tessa has a bad reputation in locker rooms, talent owe it to other talent and promoters to bring this shit up so it doesn’t keep happening to others or hurting locker rooms or promotions ability to draw with storys and angles. Story was a minimum 1 year too late. Glad it’s out there but shame on opportunistic wrestlers sitting on stuff til it helps themselves to spill the beans.

2 Likes

I mean I think we had heard that she had some backstage issues, but maybe they were handled back stage rather than on social media until she tried to be the one preaching unity. I feel like if she didn’t make the tweet in question these things still don’t come out. I mean the racist thing is one thing, but do we really think all wrestlers are going to call out people bullying them back stage on social media? I don’t think promoter want that to happen. It is more likely that people would choose not to work with her. I mean I feel like talent and promoters were probably aware of any issues. I think this stuff comes out at 3 times
1.) When it happens - this is best but probably least frequent unless it happens online or on camera.
2.) when someone gets the spotlight, and high seems to be what you want. As soon as Tessa started this push people should have come out to pile on.
3.) when someone says something hypocritical/pisses people off.

What we have here is #3 which to me is better and more natural than #2. People seem way more petty if they come out un-provoked as you are suggesting. The when it happens stuff should really be handled back stage by the promotions. So to me what happened is the most natural thing.

Stephanie is a very different situation. That is an executive in the biggest company vs a peer.

1 Like

@Breng77 agree with you about the 3 times this seems to happen.

I’d argue that #3 prompted the backlash, but #2 was very much at play here. If it was somebody else not in this position, would so many people pile on? She’s a noteworthy name in this moment and everyone who piled on got their name out there at her expense. Sure, she deserves it, but them outing her 6 months or 1 year ago would have done less to get their own name out there as well. That is what I get turned off by. The disingenuous nature of the pile on. It’s like if she wasn’t going to get other people press for outing her they wouldn’t have wasted their time. WTF is that…either stand up against her actions or don’t. Don’t do it opportunistically like a vulture.

Loss of respect for Tessa, lack of respect for anyone who piled on that wasn’t directly involved.

Even more reason to speak up against such hypocrisy, particularly if you are not employed or in fear of punishment. Furthers my theory that if people have nothing to gain by speaking out, they rather say nothing until it benefits them.

If she really spat in her face and said that word, then the pile on is deserved especially at the most important time in her career.

I think it is just 3 plus Tessa having reached a certain level of fame. I think if she put out the same tweet around the first Callahan match you would see the same or 2 months ago. So in that you have a point but I don’t think those responding thought: She has a big match in 48 hours now is the time to do this, it was just bad timing on her point. I think that if day Becky or Charlotte or Sasha had the same rep and did the same things back stage and put out the tweet you would get the same result regardless of current program. But if some Indy woman did the same you wouldn’t just because of that persons fame. That is just part of being in the lime light you get a much shorter rope.

As to Stephanie, it still isn’t the same as she is a one day potential employer so calling her out is burning a bridge. It might not be fair but it is true.

That is my exact point though. So all these talent calling out hypocrisy would only dare do it as long as it doesn’t impact their ability to get employed by the biggest phony of them all.

It’s a pot shot. Put aside that she deserves to be outed for such behavior if that is all in fact true and real. To do it years after + at a time she is most visible + when this person has everything to lose and you have no stakes on the line w/ potentially something to gain in terms of visibility or potential bookings = bullshit twitter mob mentality by a bunch of low level talent who haven’t reached her level.

Now Hunter makes a joke about Paige…and the two to defend her (so far) are talents with nothing to lose (Renee Young and Nikki Bella).

These stories all end up being a look into how much bullshit hypocrisy exists in an industry where everyone is out for themselves and acts in a manner that is beneficial to themselves as a performer and not the greater good - within wrestling or in general.

1 Like

Yup you’re not wrong, but that is human nature for most people. Stand up when you have nothing to lose. It also could be that more of these women were effected personally through interactions with Tessa than Stephanie. It’s hard to say. My overall point though was that it wasn’t as if unprovoked a whole bunch of people just turned up to tear her down. The people calling her out aren’t heroes or anything, just people.

1 Like

Yeah. The spitting is fucking crazy.

Like using a vile racial slur just wasn’t enough.

The hunter joke was in poor taste for sure.

However to be fair we do know that Paige is a bit promiscuous. This is a women who had a kid at 18, had sex with two guys at the same time, let a guy jizz on her face and a title belt etc.

I am not saying that means she is fair game. Hunter was wrong and she doesn’t deserve to be “slut shamed”.

But knowing that I think there is a world of difference with Hunter cracking an Ill advised joke based on her history versus a women spitting and calling someone the N word.

In Tessas case we know she was a major star in the making. If you take every non main roster AEW/NJPW/WWE talent and asked who the next big thing is she is easily top three with probably Riddle and Dream. So he has had clout for a while now. It’s hard to call her out I’m sure.

Look at Bill Cosby - he was untouched for years and suddenly a million accusations come out. A lot of people don’t say anything until someone else does - its not uncommon.

The joke from HHH was super, super tame.

No words…

5 Likes

You’re such a creep.

4 Likes

There’s a ton of things i’d like to say right now, but it’s 1am so i’ll leave it this.

• Paige doesn’t have a child. Which leads me to my next point…

• Triple H’s joke doesn’t even make sense. It’s not tame, it’s dumb as hell. Unless he’s suggesting Paige has suffered from life altering memory loss then like literally every mother on the planet she’d know she was one because she would have had to give birth to a fucking child. That lame, old as hell joke only works on men because we actually can have children without knowing about them. Did Triple H miss sex education class?

• Bad jokes are one thing, bad jokes which don’t even make sense are pathetic in the most literal sense.

3 Likes

You’re getting too wound up about a super tame joke. However much it didn’t make sense, it was still super tame.

Also, I don’t think Paige can really call out Triple H for this super tame joke when you consider the person she chooses to be with makes comments which are actually controversial and she responds by saying people are too sensitive (which she’s right about but ironically she’s a lot more sensitive).

My mistake. Pregnant at 18.

And again I’m not saying it’s okay and she should be shamed. But you can see the context (no matter how poor) of his joke.

Versus Tessa randomly degrading a poor women

It’s not a joke a guy who may one day run a publicly traded company should make.

Is Xavier Woods also considered promiscuous?

2 Likes

This was worth quoting just so it can be read a second time. Amazing :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Paige was right. The internet really is super sensitive.

Never mind how much my brain hurts from trying to rectify your last sentence about her not deserving to be slut shamed with your previous sentence which was you slut shaming her…

I’m finding it pretty funny that what constitutes “promiscuous” to you in the year 2020 is something not exactly groundbreaking like a three-way. Breaking news: young people have sex. Sometimes they experiment! Whoa. Let’s list the things she did wrong here:

1. She hacked private property?
  • no wait, that was someone else committing a crime.
  1. She uploaded her private video on the internet?
  • nope, again someone else’s crime
  1. Decided to go on a site to watch a stolen three-way video?
  • well…not sure if she did that…but you seem to have a lot of details about it.

So yeah. We’re left with a victim of a crime and an invasion of privacy. And you passively defending the fans who have attacked an innocent woman on the internet. There’s a pretty strong line in the sand between right and wrong here.

2 Likes