Tetsuya Naito comments on his past surgeries, says he's had two he hasn't disclosed

Originally published at Tetsuya Naito comments on his past surgeries, says he's had two he hasn't disclosed

Naito speaks about his past surgeries.

At NJPW’s Best of the Super Juniors final event on June 3rd, Tetsuya Naito made his return to the ring for the first time since May 1st. After challenging for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title at Wrestling Dontaku, it was revealed that Naito was scheduled to undergo an operation on his right eye.

Naito spoke to the press after his return to the ring and said he’s had six total surgeries, two of which he has yet to disclose. He added that when one has a surgery, they normally recover but he’s accepted that he’ll never be ‘back to normal’.

He’s looking forward to making changes and closed by saying he has nothing to worry about anymore and he’ll see everyone at Dominion on June 12th.

I had surgery on my right eye, and I came back to this ring for the first time in a month since May 1st at the Fukuoka PayPay Dome. I had two surgeries on my right eye, two surgeries on my right knee and two other surgeries that I haven’t disclosed, for a total of six surgeries, and when you have surgeries, you recover. But unfortunately, there is no way that I will ever be back to normal. So, what should we do? I think thinking about that and making changes is one of the ways to enjoy wrestling. That is why I came back to this ring at this time. To those who have been waiting for my return, thank you for waiting so long. I have nothing to worry about anymore. Please enjoy my wrestling to the fullest. See you next on June 12 at Osaka-jo Hall. Adios!

Emerging victorious from the 2022 Best of the Super Juniors tournament was Naito’s Los Ingobernables de Japon stablemate, Hiromu Takahashi. Hiromu is now next in line to challenge Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title.

1 Like