The Acclaimed defeat Swerve In Our Glory for AEW World Tag Team Championships

Originally published at The Acclaimed defeat Swerve In Our Glory for AEW World Tag Team Championships

The Acclaimed are champions.

Following Chris Jericho becoming ROH World Champion, there was another title change as The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) defeated Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee to become AEW World Tag Team Champions.

#AndNEW!!!
Your NEW #AEW World Tag Team Champions are #TheAcclaimed @PlatinumMax & @bowens_official!#AEWDynamite Grand Slam pic.twitter.com/7wljXAMP0z

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 22, 2022

#TheAcclaimed have done it! We have NEW #AEW World Tag Team Champions in @PlatinumMax & @bowens_official, with @realbillygunn!
It’s #AEWDynamite Grand Slam LIVE on @TBSNetwork! pic.twitter.com/W4afBZZGrY

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 22, 2022

Keith Lee and Swerve’s reign began back in July and they were the seventh team to hold those belts.

I can’t remember ever biting on a near fall as hard as I did in this match. Between a blown spot (the missed “pounce”) for what I assume was supposed to be the near fall, then followed by the power bomb, the crowd absolutely deflated when it looked like SIOG was going to retain, and I was right there with them. A little luck that the miscue actually worked in their favor, but still, very well executed.