'The Assassin' Jody Hamilton passes away

Originally published at 'The Assassin' Jody Hamilton passes away

Pro Wrestling Hall Of Famer Jody Hamilton has passed away.

The news was shared by long time pro wrestling referee Nick Patrick that his father, ‘The Assassin’ Jody Hamilton passed away. Nick revealed the news about his father’s passing via Facebook and wrote the following:

It is with heavy heart that I make this post. At 2:16 today my father took his last breath on this earth. He passed comfortably, surrounded by the people that love him. Now our attention has to shift over to taking care of my mom. I want to thank everyone that sent out prayers and support for my family. I will put more information about pop out, but right now I’m kinda numb.

Jody Hamilton began his career in wrestling in the mid-1950s and continued wrestling until the late 80s. He spent time in Deep South Championship Wrestling and worked throughout the Carolinas and Georgia as a part of Jim Crockett Promotions.

He held multiple championships during his in-ring career and was inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall Of Fame in 2013 as a member of The Assassins.

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Joseph Hamilton Sr.