The complete list of matches for the G1 Climax

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/06/17/the-complete-list-of-matches-for-the-g1-climax/

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced the full list of matches for the upcoming G1 Climax. The tournament begins Saturday, July 6th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas with five A Block tournament matches that are highlighted by the first U.S. match between Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi.

The rest of the tournament takes place from Japan, starting with two shows at Ota Ward Gymnasium the following weekend on July 13th and 14th.

We will be discussing the block and matchup announcements further on tonight’s Rewind-A-Raw.

July 6th in Dallas, Texas – 6 pm Eastern
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
*Kota Ibushi vs. KENTA
*Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer
*EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale
*Sanada vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

July 13th at Ota City Gymnasium – 5:30 am

*Shingo Takagi vs. Juice Robinson
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jeff Cobb
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Toru Yano
*Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White
*Jon Moxley vs. Taichi

July 14th at Ota City Gymnasium – 2 am

*Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. KENTA
*Kota Ibushi vs. EVIL
*Will Ospreay vs. Sanada
*Bad Luck Fale vs. Lance Archer

July 15th in Sapporo – 5 am

*Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi
*Jeff Cobb vs. Jon Moxley
*Shingo Takagi vs. Toru Yano
*Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii
*Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson

July 18th at Korakuen Hall – 5:30 am

*Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*Will Ospreay vs. Kota Ibushi
*KENTA vs. Lance Archer
*EVIL vs. Sanada

July 19th at Korakuen Hall – 5:30 am

*Juice Robinson vs. Jeff Cobb
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jon Moxley
*Jay White vs. Toru Yano
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto
*Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi

July 20th at Korakuen Hall – 5:30 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Lance Archer
*Kota Ibushi vs. Sanada
*KENTA vs. EVIL
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale

July 24th in Hiroshima – 5:30 am
*Shingo Takagi vs. Jon Moxley
*Jay White vs. Jeff Cobb
*Taichi vs. Hirooki Goto
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
*Juice Robinson vs. Toru Yano

July 27th in Nagoya – 5 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. KENTA
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Sanada
*Kota Ibushi vs. Lance Archer
*Will Ospreay vs. Bad Luck Fale
*EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

July 28th in Nagoya – 3 am

*Shingo Takagi vs. Jay White
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Jon Moxley
*Jeff Cobb vs. Taichi
*Hirooki Goto vs. Toru Yano
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Juice Robinson

July 30th in Takamastu – 6 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Lance Archer
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. EVIL
*Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale
*Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*KENTA vs. Sanada

August 1st in Fukuoka – 5:30 am
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Juice Robinson
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hirooki Goto
*Jon Moxley vs. Toru Yano
*Jeff Cobb vs. Shingo Takagi
*Jay White vs. Taichi

August 3rd in Osaka – 4 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Sanada
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi
*Will Ospreay vs. EVIL
*KENTA vs. Bad Luck Fale
*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Lance Archer

August 4th in Osaka – 2 am

*Tetsuya Naito vs. Shingo Takagi
*Jon Moxley vs. Jay White
*Jeff Cobb vs. Hirooki Goto
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Toru Yano
*Juice Robinson vs. Taichi

August 7th in Hamamatsu – 5:30 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale
*Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*Will Ospreay vs. KENTA
*Sanada vs. Lance Archer

August 8th in Yokohama – 5:30 am
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Jeff Cobb
*Jon Moxley vs. Hirooki Goto
*Taichi vs. Toru Yano
*Shingo Takagi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
*Jay White vs. Juice Robinson

August 10th at Budokan Hall – 5 am
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi
*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Will Ospreay
*KENTA vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*EVIL vs. Lance Archer
*Sanada vs. Bad Luck Fale

August 11th at Budokan Hall – 5 am
*Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White
*Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo Takagi
*Jeff Cobb vs. Toru Yano
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Taichi
*Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson

August 12th at Budokan Hall – 2 am

*A Block Winner vs. B Block Winner

1 Like

Feel New Japan have really missed a trick not announcing Okada Vs Tanahashi for Dallas the moment the show was announced. It wouldn’t have given anything away other than Okada and Tanahashi being in the same block and they’ve potentially lost ticket sales of North American fans who would have made travel arrangements to see this match that can’t make those same arrangements on three weeks notice.

Well I am happy for the Dallas show, and with it being the only chance I may have for a NJ show I would have been happy with most anyone. Only thing to make this card better for me would be ZSJ Vs Will Ospreay.

Strangely I’m looking forward to the Moxley / Yano match.

1 Like

Making fair assumptions about who the major players will be, this looks like a very well designed tournament (which means something’s about to go to hell, I’m sure). Okada/Tanahashi on the first night means they can have an absolute banger in Dallas with either guy going over WITHOUT having to build the tournament around it.

Last night of A Block feels like confirmation that Okada, Ibushi, Tanahashi and Ospreay in some combination will be the big four from that side of the tournament.

B Block feels slightly more wide open, plenty of guys I could see conceivably winning that block (but not many who I think would then win the final).

1 Like

I feel the opposite. I think Naito is a 98% certainty to win the B block and I think he will win it all this year. I think Moxley has a 2% chance to go to the final, if Naito isnt winning it.

I’m really looking forward to this years G1. I’m hoping that Will Ospreay wins it, as I think that this will be his year.

With the blocks I think that both are completely open and it will be interesting to see what happens with every match.

really looking forward to the evil/ sanada match. and ishii vs goto match last year was amazing, hopefully they do something as good.

3 Likes

My Most anticipated matches…

Kota Ibushi V Will Ospreay
Kenta Vs Tanahashi
Ibushi Vs Okada
Goto Vs Jeff Cobb
Shingo Takage Vs Naito
Shingo Vs Goto and Ishii
Just about all the shingo matches…

And weirdly Lance Archer vs Okada. But I feel I may have misplaced hopes on him playing the Bad Luck Fale role in past g1s (especially since fale is still here)

I will watch Toru Yano face literally ANYONE i’ve not seen him face before… Because its always fun to see how he mixes with other bits and styles…

1 Like

Excited to see how KENTA will be booked in this. i don’t think it’s inconceivable that he gets to the final. His two opening matches against the two G1 finalists of last year in Kota Ibushi & Hiroshi Tanahashi and then fifth match in Okada WOW!

Also KENTA vs EVIL, Sanada, Will Osprey, and Zack Sabre Jr. i’m looking forward to everyone of these, then add into the fact he probably has as big or bigger chip on his shoulder than Jon Moxley he’s gunna have one hell of a tournament.

Can his body hold up that’s my concern.!

1 Like

Okada and Tana have never defeated each other in 30 min or less, so either Dallas fans might end the night on a draw, or some history is about to be made. Either way, I do enjoy having them face on Night 1 as a change.
B Block feels like the showcase block with guys like Juice, Moxley, Takagi, and Taichi.

Any guesses? I think the White/Naito is winning it all against Ospreay in the finals. I’m still holding out hope that my idea of White winning the G1, but losing the briefcase to el ingobernable happens. Plays into his character, avoids a 3rd G1 win so close to his previous, and it justifies the briefcase defense stipulation

1 Like

Jon Moxley to Miss G1 Opener

I know Gedo books like 18 years in advance but I kind of wonder if Tana vs Okada in Dallas was a late decision in reaction to get some late ticket sales after the disappointing number sold so far.

1 Like

How do I get these podcasts on my iTunes? I thought they would go on there as they did the last time I joined. Thanks.