The Fact Checking Thread!!!

On the most recent Cafe Hangout, John implied that Mustafa Ali has two pinfall victories over Daniel Bryan, one in his first singles match and one in a tag. Not true, Bryan won their singles match. A week later, Ali (teaming with Styles) pinned Bryan (teaming with Andrade). Then the week after that, Bryan jumped Ali in the back.

On the double shot, wai says Danica mckellar played Wendy. She played Winnie. :+1:

1 Like

In the Wrestlemania 26 Review A Wai John claimed Sheamus had won the ECW Championship when he actually didn’t.

A minor correction from the Review-A-Wai reviewing the two Simpsons episodes. Wai says “in a sequence that spoofs the Soylent Green sequence of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.” when Lisa tries to convince everyone to stop recycling.

Actually that sequence spoofs two separate movies, Soylent Green and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Soylent Green was not apart of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

2 Likes

Wai said he doesn’t think Lesnar has ever opened a show, he opened the Rumble PPV in 2003 against The Big Show for a spot in the Rumble.

There may be more that I can’t think of.

2 Likes

From Review-A-Raw:

• Baby Ruth candy bars are still around. They were never made by Mars (the company behind M&Ms, Snickers, Milky Way, and Twix). They were passed around a couple companies, mainly Nestle since 1990, but Nestle’s brands like Baby Ruth were acquired by Ferrero.
2 Likes

yes offcourse your a right @paeddingtonbaer

From the UFC 236 post-show, Phil makes a mistake that I’ve seen a few times already elsewhere: thinking Shaq played a character named Shazam. His titular genie character was called Kazaam.

RAR for April 22nd - not sure if they corrected it later, but Becky/Lacey at MITB is only for the RAW Title, not both belts.

1 Like

Also on RAR John states that Ronda won the title in June but it was actually at Summerslam in August.

1 Like

Care of Glenn A Napier I believe in the recent RAR thread:

It’s John Cusack holding up the boom box in “Say Anything”, not Judd Nelson.

Also, there absolutely were 24/7 contenders at the Usos Block Party. Not just inaugurel champion Titus O’Neil, but EC3 and Drake Maverick were there.

RASD July 2nd

John said Cody was announced as Cody Rhodes at AEW Fyter Fest… he was actually announced as “Cody with Brandi Rhodes”.

1 Like

Yep, and it always me laugh with how ludicrous it is.

“Cody with Brandi.RHODES!!!

On the Slammiversary recap John said RVD is 42 but he will in fact be 49 in December.

On the July 2nd R-A-S Wai suggested they could have a hot dog eating contest on the Extreme Rules card in reference to the Dolph Ziggler hot dog jokes and John said that Matt Hardy and MVP had a hot dog eating contest years ago. It was actually a pizza eating contest at No Mercy 2007.

On Rewind-A-Wai #40 Wrestle Kingdom 11, Wai asks John “What (number) did we stop Review-A-Wai at?” Wai comes back and says it ended on episode #389. But to the best of my archiving skills I believe this to be wrong. I assume Wai visited http://www.reviewawai4.life/ to get the number 389, but while looking at the list I saw that show 274 is listed as two audio files when it should be only one. Shown below.

I believe this happened because the Christmas show that year was too big to upload and needed to be broken into two audio files. So the 2nd Annual Christmas show should be just episode 274. The preview for Wrestle Kingdom 9 would then become 275 thus changing their last episode from 389 to 388. This is further backed up by my own personal archive of Review-A-Wai, as shown below.

The show that was scheduled to be #389 was Survivor Series 2005, which became the first Rewind-A-Wai on Post Wrestling.

4 Likes

Back to fact check myself from the Post Wrestling Live show. When asking who the WWE champion was on September 13, 2009, John guesses John Cena and I told him he held it for a portion of that night. John then asks "he lost it that day?’ and I agreed. He then guesses Randy Orton as the other person. So John had the correct two people but I messed up confirming who won it from whom. So to correct myself, Randy Orton lost it to John Cena and not the other way around.

3 Likes

Double Shot, August 29

In the NXT UK review, John described Oliver Carter as South African. He’s from Ghana, and has lived in Switzerland.

1 Like

During the All Out review, John feels like the Joey Janela monkey flip spot was the first time he’s done it. Janela and Havoc have done the same spot during a Progress New York show a couple of years back. I would argue it was a better spot as Janela got better height.tumblr_ow0jnmDFau1s05wxzo1_400

3 Likes

It’s King BookA.