The great housework debate

Vacuuming is like the mania X7 main event. It’s awesome.

Washing the dishes is a crappy episode of Thunder.

#TeamVaccum

2 Likes

Y. This is correct.

I’m team dish wash. I find dish washing to be oddly therapeutic and don’t like to let dishes sit in the sink for more than an hour or two. Vacuuming also aggravates my allergies.

Who likes folding shirts?

1 Like

This guy. Laundry is my thing.

I’d like to make the case for changing the bed sheets.

1 Like
5 Likes

Loved cleaning when I lived alone.

Now I have a wife and baby, and we have more stuff than space to put it, so it never seems all that clean. So I guess cleaning would be an episode of Raw for me.

I love washing the dishes, it’s the only time other than my commute I get to listen to POST Wrestling. I close the door, turn the Echo up and get 10-20 minutes peace from the kids. Bliss!

I can’t believe this thread exists and has this level of response. Carry on.

4 Likes

This is important information

We have to identify the mutants who think washing dishes isn’t torture.

Dish washing is the worst, but for some reason organizing the dishwasher is just the best.

Vacuuming is also very good. Laundry, also great - except matching and putting away socks.

As I get older I’m starting to enjoy cutting the grass and gardening more and more. Nothing beats a well manicured lawn and a weed free garden. Now if only those damn kids would stay off it, I’d be happy.

Grass has crazy heel heat for me. I’ve got wicked allergies.

2 Likes

Laundry is where it’s at for me. My wife hates laundry like Pollock hates the shoulder into the ring post spot. Mowing the lawn is oddly satisfying though as well.

Mowing and lawn work is great if your yard is a manageable size.

Mine is way too big. I’m ready to burn the entire thing down.

1 Like

Large yard? Call the Mexicools … (I’m sorry.)

My ranking of housework:

1. Vacuuming. I can put on headphones (like mowing) but still be in the air conditioning. The best of both worlds.

2. Dishes and loading the dishwasher.

3. Laundry. Used to be ranked higher. But having a baby doubles the amount of laundry and washing onesies after the baby has had a blowout is gross.

4. Mowing. Pros: Headphones and exercise. Cons: my yards too big, it takes forever, living in Texas it can get very hot.

5. Cooking. I hate cooking. I’m a terrible cook. I leave the cooking to my wife and make up for it by doing most of the other chores.

Braden Herrington needs to see this thread and learn

2 Likes

I’m not so much into vacuuming, living on (engineered) hardwood floors, but sweeping/Swiffering is my thing. I swear that no vacuum compares to a cloth at the end of a pole.

I’m doing laundry now, and I have to pull myself away from watching the washing machine, a front loader with a glass door, spin the clothes 'round and 'round.

My 'Mania 31 is ironing. My Rock-Cena 2 is putting all the little things away that have been left out over the week(s) and finding places for them. Logical places which we’ll look to when we need to find them.