The Great Simulation Do-over (Updated through WWF Judgment Day Results: May 20, 2001)

I can do Sting vs Hogan and am heavily leaning that way but I couldn’t get the belt onto Hogan.

I set Bret up with a shot to get the belt and when it worked, SS was able to happen.

I suppose there’s key moments that can are irrevocable to the timeline but titles complicate the matter. Then the question goes, what’s the fixed point? Is it the match? Is it the finish? And so on and so forth.

What fixed points have occurred to this point: The tournament at WM IV, The Montreal Screwjob, I just can’t find an organic way to put the belt on Hogan that’s not a screwjob while the Nash win does set the seeds up for the nWo split nicely

1 Like

Yes I was happy to see the Nash win since that may mean this timeline will get the Wolfpac (my personal favourite faction of all time)

1 Like

I’m leaning towards Piper vs. Nash for the title but Hogan vs. Sting in the Main Event just sans belt

1 Like

WWF D-GENERATION X: IN YOUR HOUSE PREVIEW - DECEMBER 7, 1997

WWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels (c) vs. ‘The Mad King’ Brian Pillman

Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Stone Cold Steve Austin & Dude Love vs. Los Boricuas (Savio Vega & Tito Santana)

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE
The Undertaker vs. Rocky Maivia

Ricky Steamboat vs. Ravishing Rick Rude

NO HOLDS BARRED
Ahmed Johnson vs. Goldust

The Headshrinkers vs. D’Lo Brown & Kama Mustafa

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
2 Cold Scorpio vs. ‘The Black Hart’ Owen Hart

NOTES

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Shawn Michaels - 28 days
Intercontinental Champion: 2 Cold Scorpio - 294 days
Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold & Dude Love - 63 days

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper - 42 days
United States Champion: Diamond Dallas Page (2) - 42 days
Tag Team Champions: The Four Horsemen (Arn & Benoit) - 287 days

Listen to Sancty’s Film Podcast here

Has Sting even dropped from the rafters yet? He hasn’t had a match since 1996. And Bret Hart is coming in.

NWO seems to be losing a lot. I think there’s an opportunity to provide the team a much needed boost by having Sting or Hart join the NWO. Bret Hart would make the most sense since he was a heel recently in WWF.

Then you could either do:

• Piper vs Nash
  • Sting vs Hogan
  • or Sting vs Hart
  • or Piper vs Nash w/ Hart as the ref.

Kevin Nash proving that even in simulation, he still runs the show.

I hear ya. I was waiting on a Hogan win for Sting to drop - I could delay. That might be the best way to play it but then we’re waiting on Starrcade '98 theoretically. I just don’t think the dominos fell our way on this one - there’s a Nitro moment forthcoming.

I don’t know if I’d say the nWo are winning a lot but they’re definitely losing the big ones. Hogan’s been a disappointment which is a shame. Nash winning the Battle Royal could result in a big moment vs Piper for the belt and tie in another layer to the nWo even a few months early.

Welcome back! Catching up was entertaining. Love this thread, you do deserve a medal

WWF D-GENERATION X: IN YOUR HOUSE RESULTS - DECEMBER 7, 1997

• ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels (c) def. ‘The Mad King’ Brian Pillman to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship
  • Triple H def. Ken Shamrock
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin & Dude Love def. Los Boricuas (Savio Vega & Tito Santana) to retain the WWF World Tag Team Titles
  • The Undertaker def. Rocky Maivia in a Falls Count Anywhere match
  • Ricky Steamboat def. Ravishing Rick Rude
  • Ahmed Johnson def. Goldust
  • D’Lo Brown & Kama Mustafa def. The Headbangers
  • 2 Cold Scorpio def. ‘The Black Hart’ Owen Hart to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship

NOTES

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Shawn Michaels - 28 days
Intercontinental Champion: 2 Cold Scorpio - 294 days
Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold & Dude Love - 63 days

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper - 42 days
United States Champion: Diamond Dallas Page (2) - 42 days
Tag Team Champions: The Four Horsemen (Arn & Benoit) - 287 days

1 Like

RETURN OF THE STINGER

• Roddy Piper comes down to the ring and says that in your life sometimes, if you work hard and you get a little bit of luck, the story finishes the way it’s supposed to
  • Piper talks about how almost 1 year ago at Starrcade he went 1 on 1 with Hollywood Hogan in the Main Event and lost which sent him on a bit of a downward spiral where he kinda lost his smile, and his colour and his self respect but that’s all in the past because he’s got his colour back, he’s got his self-respect and as you can see, he’s got his smile…
  • The nWo’s music hits and down come Hogan, Nash, Hall, Savage, Norton, Bagwell, Konnan and Vincent
  • Hogan says that he’s talking a lot about stories, there’s only one way to finish this story and that’s to run it back one more time at Starrcade. The line starts behind Hulk Hogan.
  • The crowd boos until a voice breaks through with a single word “actually…”
  • The crowd pops as the voice belongs to Kevin Nash who has also grabbed a mic
  • Nash says that the Main Event of World War 3 promised him a future world title shot and there’s no better place to use that title shot than the Main Event of World War 3
  • Hogan looks shocked but looks around at Nash, flanked by a smiling Hall as Nash continues
  • Nash says that he’s got no beef with Hogan but opportunities like this are fleeting and Hogan’s gonna have to get in the line which starts behind him this time
  • Hogan surveys the situation and there’s tension. He gets up in Nash’s grill before breaking a smile and shaking Nash’s hand. Hogan says maybe he’ll have the night off this year. Then the group pivots and turns back to Piper - the assault on Piper begins - Hogan grabs the spray paint - Nash taps him on the shoulder and gestures for the paint - Hogan is unsure
  • The lights go out
  • A spotlight hits the rafters - It’s Sting!
  • Sting descends down towards ringside, he uncouples and heads to the ring where he clears house, baseball bat in hand
  • Sting grabs the mic Sting says that Hogan won’t have the night off at Starrcade because he’ll be going 1 on 1 with the Stinger
2 Likes

WCW STARRCADE PREVIEW - DECEMBER 28, 1997

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper (c) vs. ‘Big Sexy’ Kevin Nash

Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

RAVEN’S RULES REMATCH
Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett

Ric Flair vs. ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage

WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Diamond Dallas Page (c) vs. Scott Hall

Goldberg vs. Steve McMichael

Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

NOTES

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Shawn Michaels - 49 days
Intercontinental Champion: 2 Cold Scorpio - 315 days
Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold & Dude Love - 84 days

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper - 63 days
United States Champion: Diamond Dallas Page (2) - 63 days
Tag Team Champions: The Four Horsemen (Arn & Benoit) - 308 days

There was a “Raven’s rules” Jarett vs Raven match on the last PPV. Is there a reason why the exact same match is being done a second PPV in a row?

1 Like

You’re right. That’s why it’s billed as a Raven’s Rules Rematch.

The CPU booked it and I’m rationalising it as Raven lost his namesake match and wants a chance to reclaim the gimmick.

That being said, wasn’t expecting to be asked to justify it.

1 Like

Did anyone else shout “it’s sting” when they read this

1 Like

Wow…what a match happening at Starrcade. Talk about Forbidden Door.

1 Like

Yeah - copy and paste error. My bad.

WCW STARRCADE RESULTS - DECEMBER 28, 1997

• Kevin Nash def. ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper (c) to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
  • Sting def. Hollywood Hulk Hogan via submission
  • Jeff Jarrett def. Raven in the Raven’s Rules Rematch
  • ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage def. Ric Flair with a quick roll-up maybe with a handful of tights
  • Diamond Dallas Page (c) def. Scott Hall to retain the WCW United States Championship
  • Steve McMichael def. Goldberg
  • Eddie Guerrero def. Dean Malenko soundly

NOTES

• Early in the night, Piper had a backstage promo where he talks about how the nWo is supposed to be for life - there’s only one thing that’s for life and that’s family. Family’s always there. Even if they take a little while in getting there - he then walked out of the shot
  • The Raven’s Rules Rematch was without question the match of the night, however it’s been rumoured after the event that Jarrett has been working without a contract and might be putting the screws to WCW by jumping to WWF after the biggest win of his career
  • Bret Hart made his debut in the Main Event seconding Roddy Piper. Bret repeatedly stopped the nWo from interfering. However, when there seemed an opportunity to slide Piper the big gold belt to use as a weapon after grabbing it from Randy Savage, Piper shook his head ‘no’
  • After the win, the nWo (without Hogan) swarmed the ring to celebrate. They moved towards Piper which led to Bret sliding in the ring and getting between them. Nash got in Bret’s face but didn’t make a move. Bret and Piper made their way to the back.
  • At the ramp Bret and Piper were passed by Hogan coming out late to the celebration. Hogan looked at Nash from the floor, Nash raised the belt, Hogan gave a thumbs up that seemed perhaps not genuine
  • A spotlight his the rafters and Sting was looking down at the scene
  • The cameras flicker between Nash, Bret, Hogan and Sting as Starrcade goes off the air

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Shawn Michaels - 49 days
Intercontinental Champion: 2 Cold Scorpio - 315 days
Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold & Dude Love - 84 days

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Kevin Nash - 0 days
United States Champion: Diamond Dallas Page (2) - 63 days
Tag Team Champions: The Four Horsemen (Arn & Benoit) - 308 days

2 Likes

Your line up is soooooo much better. I appreciate WCW we’re making questionable booking decisions at this time as have done WWE for decades.
John and Wai have talked for years about how booking the obvious easy option doesn’t have to make things predictable and I wasn’t sure they were correct (stupidly) until watching AEW. Give the fans what they want, make the big matches and keep things fluid…booking wrestling shouldn’t be as hard as WWE and WCW made it

1 Like

WCW DEBUTS THUNDER

• WCW’s massive roster has resulted in a 2nd weekly TV show - WCW Thunder airing on Thursday nights
  • Some backstage are whispering that there’s not enough capacity in the writing staff to handle a 2nd weekly 2 hour television show but this order is apparently coming from the top
1 Like

WWF ROYAL RUMBLE PREVIEW - JANUARY 18, 1998

WWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Vader

30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
Announced competitors include: 2 Cold Scorpio, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Brian Pillman, Chainsaw Charlie, Dude Love, Earthquake, Goldust, Hercules, Jerry Lawler, Kama Mustafa, Kane Ken Shamrock, Magnum T.A., Marc Mero, Nikita Koloff, Owen Hart, Paul Roma, Ravishing Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, The Rock, Savio Vega, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Tito Santana, Undertaker, and Yokozuna

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
2 Cold Scorpio (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Stone Cold & Dude Love vs. D’Lo Brown & Kama Mustafa

The Legion of Doom vs. The New Age Outlaws

The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock

NOTES

World Heavyweight Champion: ‘Shawn Michaels - 70 days
Intercontinental Champion: 2 Cold Scorpio - 336 days
Tag Team Champions: Stone Cold & Dude Love - 105 days