The IInspiration stepping away from in-ring action, issue statement

Originally published at The IInspiration stepping away from in-ring action, issue statement

The IInspiration, Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay have announced that they are stepping away from in-ring action indefinitely.

The group issued a statement on Wednesday signaling an end to their time with IMPACT Wrestling:

“We first want to thank Scott D’Amore and the entire IMPACT family. We have had such an amazing experience, working with the incredible IMPACT staff and roster. We will cherish these IMPACT memories forever. We are excited to start a new chapter in our lives and explore other opportunities that may come our way.”

❤️ pic.twitter.com/iAWxJ9ighL

— Cassie Lee (@CassieLee) April 27, 2022

The two previously wrestled under the names Peyton Royce (Lee) and Billie Kay (McKay) in WWE and were among the numerous talent releases over the past two years.

Lee and McKay debuted at IMPACT last October where they won the Knockouts Tag Team Championships at Bound for Glory by defeating Rosemary & Havok.

Lee & McKay dropped the titles to Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood last month at the Sacrifice event on March 5th and wrestled on this past weekend’s Rebellion show where they lost to the champions on the pre-show.

Back to WWE? They seemed tailor-made for that environment.

When I see them on Instragram and Twitter I am still astonished WWE let them go. They are super-models who can wrestle. That’s usually WWE’s dream women. They are also funny, can deliver scripted promos and improvise with the crowd. And are fine workers in the ring for a tag team.

Just having them around to put on YouTube clips probably pays for them by itself.

I think “can wrestle” is generous personally, but still. It felt like they were hell bent on having them as separate acts, and since WWE can’t do comedy (Billie) and Peyton didn’t have what it took as a singles act, they just cut bait.

I’d assume they’ll continue down the Instagram/Only Fans/Modelling route and probably make just as much money as they have been. If Peyton wants to convince her husband that wrestling’s not for him, so much the better (I kid, I kid…).

1 Like

That’s a shame, they’re the rare example of being an actual dedicated tag team in women’s wrestling (though to Impact’s credit, they have a few) rather than being singles wrestlers teaming together. This is an area where both WWE and AEW could improve significantly.

1 Like

Shawn spears would be better off the less he is on TV. He’s got to be top of the list of people not to be renewed since risk of WWE doing anything but a few joke “10” moments with him is 0.

The Iiconics are not great in ring workers. They do it around the Carmella and Zelina level I guess so WWE isn’t the worst place for them

1 Like