The inaugural All Elite Wrestling thread

I think it’s fair to say there is a line between hiring everyone who’s no longer in the WWE, and signing some of the younger, bigger names. John and Wai talked about it a while ago, that Tye Dillinger for example, may not be the type of wrestler AEW should be looking for, considering his age and lack of impact made on the main roster. I think in Sasha Banks, you would have someone with genuine name value, and potentially plenty of years left in the tank, that would definitely bolster their womens division. Sometimes is difficult to see outside of the hardcore wrestling fan bubble, but alot more people know who Sasha Banks is, than Kenny Omega for example. Having a few recognizable names like that could potentially draw in viewers to AEW who may not have the interest otherwise.

That being said, I fully expect her to stay with the WWE, and even if she did decide that she has no interest working for them, I can’t see them just letting her walk on to another relevant promotion so perhaps this discussion (in relation to her at least) is a bit premature for the time being.

1 Like

Good luck if they sign Sasha Banks…she seems to have threatened to quit whenever she didn’t like her booking multiple times at this point and she has only had developmental success…could you imagine the ego if she got the Charlotte Flair push?

They announced Cody’s opponent for Fyter Fest (Darby Allin) but not his Double or Nothing opponent, it has to be Dean Ambrose

Is Johnny Moxley a big enough name? And the 90 day no compete clause would still be in effect.

Would he have a “no compete” if his contract expired? I thought that was the case with Ambrose rather than a release (requested or otherwise).

1 Like

I don’t think he has a 90 day if the contract expires

1 Like

Would AEW want one of the four horse women who is a top 5 in ring female talent from WWE who is a huge/passionate wrestling fan who has brand recognition and a character that’s been killed on WWE TV that people want to see be refreshed and utilized in a fresh way?
Ummmmmm. Yeah. And twice on Tuesdays.

3 Likes

Is a member of the shield who publicly turned down a huge money offer to fulfill creative desires and leave WWE a big enough name in his re-debut back on the indies?
Ummmmm. Yeah. And twice on Tuesdays.

3 Likes

But the question i’m asking is that with her reputation and the fact that she can’t be a liability as far as social media is concern. Is it worth the risk to bring her in when they’re so many other performer that as the same passion for the business and won’t be as much of a public relation nightmare.

For weeks it was AEW has no TV deal yet how can they be a real company.

Now the new thing is that any big WWE named rumored for them is somehow not big enough even though they were top15 stars in WWE for the last 5 years

I love the desire people have to poo poo this company.

2 Likes

What kind of liability is she?
She’s never done anything remotely NSFW and appears at countless brand events. She’s extremely popular amongst casual fans which is saying something. She sells tons of merch. Jeeeez imagine the money she’d make in merch outside of WWE with a refreshed push on a major cable network. How many other performers move merch like she does or is plastered on billboards for events when she’s only on the preshow.

For me: I want to see any talent that cares about creative and can go in the ring in AEW. Look what the Bucks and Kenny have done creatively with guys like Cody Rhodes and Jericho. Household wrestling names who basically are having their biggest runs thanks to BTE / The Elite

3 Likes

Yup

A couple of you keep pushing this weird narrative about banks being difficult.

Lol

Acting like she’s the ultimate warrior or something. Jericho is probably more of a headache than her.

4 Likes

I get your point but for me, it important that a talent doesn’t throw a temper tantrum everytime you ask him or her to do a job for somebody. Banks as a reputation of being difficult when thinks don’t go her way.

They ask her multiple time if she would mind to turn heel as they had plans for her as a heel but she turn them down everytime and had to rewrite stuff constantly because of that. Now she was ask to drop the belts to the iiconics and she gets upset after the fact. To me, that’s not being a professional, that’s being a total brat especially with the position that she’s in in the company.

If she want to leave to AEW, i say go for it, she won’t be miss in WWE and their a lot of other women’s that will more then glad to take her spot on the main roster.

1 Like

The Sasha Banks talk is all extremely premature.

But regardless, I think AEW needs to be careful about hiring ex WWE talent so they aren’t just seen as taking WWE’s leftovers. And I think Cody has said in interviews they won’t just be taking any WWE talent that comes their way.

WWE guys and gals almost need to go through the same process of ex-TNA ppl and have a run on the indies or internationally, changing their character and raising their stock before they get picked up by a major brand again.

BUT, Sasha Banks is one of the most recognizable female wrestlers in the world. WWE won’t get rid of her and won’t make it easy for her to leave. If she does leave then any wrestling company on the planet should want her.

3 Likes

AEW needs more professional attitudes like this…laying on the floor like a child and complaining about what your superior tells you…that’s just what mature adults do.

1 Like

The way that story is written is such a textbook ‘plausible deniability’ tabloid style manner of telling the technical ‘truth’ but wording it in such a way to ignore context, play into a preconceived narrative and play on the emotions of the reader.

Translated into non-sensationalist speak:

Laying on the floor of the locker room = Relaxed, sat on the floor (maybe with the audacity of having their legs spread) talking like is commonplace in literally every locker room in the world.

Hotel in front of one of their rooms = So two friends talking outside one of their hotel rooms. Shocking behaviour.

Loudly making it known = So they were talking normally in open spaces. The locker rooms are mostly shared, everybody can hear your conversations if you’re not purposely talking quietly and unless they were literally shouting the same goes for the hallway outside their hotel room for anybody in the vicinity. But they weren’t shouting otherwise Satin and his sources would have explicitly said so…they just weren’t trying to hide their conversation so certain types of people will interpret this as ‘loud’ as the story works much better that way.

3 Likes

Nice spin. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

“Spin”…from somebody who reads a story like that and regurgitates it as “laying on the floor like a child and complaining about what your superior tells you”. I’m not the one spinning.

2 Likes

It’s also the fucking WWE

There are about a zillion stories of insanely unprofessional behavior from the top all the way down.

Lying on the floor and complaining doesn’t even crack the top 100 most unprofessional moments.

3 Likes

And honestly, so what if they did complain?

This attitude that talent shouldn’t question or complain over decisions made about their booking is ridiculous. Talent should have an opinion on how they are booked. One of the biggest problems with WWE for the last 18 years is too many people became more than happy to just be cogs in the giant machine.

I am very happy to see talent finally have the position to stand-up for themselves due to other opportunities out there (not just AEW… Indies, international, ROH, MLW, etc) that are out there.

This idea that speaking up for yourself / complaining / making your feelings known - if wrong, is absolutely backwards.

And finally, nothing written by Satin sounds all that shocking… And we really shouldn’t be looking at it as evidence of unprofessional behavior.

2 Likes