The LIVE Wrestle Kingdom 13 Discussion Thread

Well…in 24 hours we’ll all be buzzing about Wrestle Kingdom and probably getting ready to hear what is in my opinion the best big match entrance music today (Go Ace). Yes, I’m pulling for Omega but I do love Big Match Tanahashi entrance.

If I can borrow from @Pickles0303 - here’s a rundown of matches for predictions if people would like.

And check back in LIVE for the unofficial POST Wrestling hangout while the event takes place! *Spoilers will be permitted in this thread as it’s a LIVE discussion.

1 Like

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13
Friday, January 4th, 2019

Tokyo Dome
*Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP heavyweight title - Kenny Omega (picking with my Heart not Mind)

*Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title - Naito

*Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White - Okada

*KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP junior heavyweight title - Ishimori

*Cody vs. Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States title - Juice

*Guerrillas of Destiny vs. EVIL & Sanada vs. The Young Bucks for the IWGP tag titles - GoD

*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the British heavyweight title - Ishii

*El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Shingo Takagi and Bushi vs. Roppongi 3K for the IWGP junior heavyweight tag titles - 3K

*Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay for the NEVER Openweight title - Osprey in what will be an instant classic

*Gauntlet Match for a title shot at the NEVER six-man tag titles - Suzuki Gun

1. Which team will enter the Gauntlet first / last? - Suzuki Gun
  2. Which match will go the shortest? - Jr Tag
  3. Over/Under the Main Event will go bell to bell 50.5 minutes? Under
  4. Over/Under The Elite Group will have 1.5 wins on the card (includes Hangman/Marty in the Gauntlet, The Bucks, Cody, Kenny, and for this purpose, Jericho)? Under

I can’t wait. Wish I was on the west coast to watch this.

1 Like

Now everybody knows how WWE UK fans feel. Lol

I hope Tana wins the title tonight because Kenny Omega’s reign has been very disappointing, not have that huge single’s run.

2 Likes

I’m so fucking hyped for Ospreay/Ibushi. I cant watch live, but I’m glad I can wake up and that match will be first. I’m listening to both of their themes before I go to sleep.

1 Like

California here. Ready to give my best go.

1 Like

Pietr looks as good as ever… anyway, 6-man contender match underway. Lots of stars that would have been on any other main show.

1 Like

7am here Cambridge, England & feel like a kid on Christmas morning who knows he’s got a buzzlight year under the tree. haha. Anyone like me who took the day off from work for this show? & Who in the states got up at 2 in the morning like john & wai have??

2 Likes

Suzuki will always be my guy but he’s been jobbed and moved further down the card, pretty soon he’ll be teaming with Tiger mask or Ren Narita

Anybody else having issues with NJPW World yet?

Anybody else having issues with NJPW World yet?

Nope, streaming fine here.

Did you try a different browser? I know I have to use Opera and not Chrome.

Did that with me even though I’m signed up used my Facebook i.D and it worked.

The gauntlet was a good showcase for the Yano/Makabe reunion, sad that no Liger

morning all from jolly old england

1 Like

Good Morning Live from New York

2 nights in the Dome next year?!
Kicking off the G1 in Dallas
Going to London

Some good surprises in that lineup for next year

Here we go!

My god, their announcements have already elevated this show

Poor souls whoever has to follow this match :man_facepalming:

Honestly think this is the best spot for Osprey Ibushi!
I’m so hyped and it’s 3 am :joy:
And really this needs to be very far away from the other main events.

Osprey yelling with excitement on his entrance was great, genuine!

American Airlines Center!!! DAMN!!!