The Long & Winding Royal Road #0: Origin of the Triple Crown w/ Joseph Montecillo

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/06/07/the-long-winding-royal-road-0-origin-of-the-triple-crown-w-joseph-montecillo/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

WH Park starts his new series about All Japan Pro Wrestling during the 1990s with a special prelude episode looking at the creation of AJPW’s top title, The Triple Crown.

Joining him is Joseph Montecillo, a wrestling video essayist who does outstanding work on his YouTube channel.

They look at the matches leading up to the unification of the top 3 singles titles in All Japan into the Triple Crown as well as the first title change after it is formed.

Matches:

• Click here for Genichiro Tenryu vs. Ted DiBiase NWA UN Title
  • Click here for Tenryu vs. Stan Hansen for the PWF Heavyweight Title
  • Click here for Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Bruiser Brody for the NWA International Heavyweight Title
  • Click here for Hansen vs. Tenryu PWF/UN Heavyweight Title match
  • Click here for the final unification match Jumbo vs. Hansen
  • Click here for the first title change

WH Park and a special guest look back at the greatest matches of All Japan Pro Wrestling from the 1990s in The Long & Winding Royal Road, a limited-edition podcast from POST Wrestling.

Music: “Across the Danube, Op. 36” by John Philip Sousa | Performed by United States Marine Band (band) and Jason Fettig (conductor) | The Complete Marches of John Philip Sousa, No.4 | Washington, DC: United States Marine Band, 2015. | Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 | Public Domain Letter

Follow WH Park on Twitter

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

1 Like

WH just keeps putting out the hits!
I was hoping for an Ajpw podcast after the Cruel summer series focusing on Njpw’s G1 finals & I wasn’t disappointed.
Plenty of great content to look at from Ajpw in the 90’s so I’m looking forward to more of these.

Another great title for the show too :slightly_smiling_face: