The Miz and Maryse developing game show with WWE Studios titled 'Brawl in the Family'

Originally published at The Miz and Maryse developing game show with WWE Studios

The Miz is featured on two shows on the USA Network as he stars in Miz & Mrs. along with former two-time WWE Divas Champion Maryse Ouellet-Mizanin and he’s also a co-host of the Cannonball series. The duo of Miz and Maryse are currently working with WWE Studios to create a game show titled ‘Brawl in the Family’. Miz broke the news during Ad Week’s ‘Virtual Equality Lounge’.

Miz was joined by Charly Caruso and WWE’s SVP of WWE Studios, Susan Levison. Miz detailed how he and Maryse came up with the show and how Susan helped point them in the right direction to make their idea more polished.

“We’re developing a show right now, a game show with WWE Studios called Brawl in the Family and I’ll never forget, my wife and I talking and we’re like, ‘Man, we need to start getting more stuff out there. I feel like it’s really a time to do something.’ My wife kept harping on it, harping on it and you know, we sat down one day and we just created a game show and we called Susan and said, ‘What do you think of this?’ And she was like, ‘Not only is this good, let me put you in contact with people that can fine-tune it’ and this is what WWE pays such close attention to and it’s the details. The details of making something a success and that’s exactly what Susan did. She put us in the room with the right — not room, well this is a room, a virtual room with the right people and we were able to tell what we thought the game show should be, develop the game show and now we have a deck, now we have a sizzle that we look at and we go, ‘This is something that needs to be on television,’ that I think as a kid, has everything that I loved in a game show. I love Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Ellen’s Game of Games. I love Family Feud, I love all these games. I love The Challenge. I love MTV’s The Challenge because I was on The Challenge and guess what? We took a little piece of everything, combined it into one massive, credible family game show that I think the masses are going to be — not only going to love, but this is going to be something that’s gonna change the landscape of game shows period, and it’s all thanks to Susan by the way and my wife.”

The Miz is currently involved in a storyline on WWE television with Money In The Bank holder Otis. That storyline will continue this week on SmackDown as Otis “goes to court” for the rights to his briefcase.

If the quotes in article are used, please credit Ad Week’s Virtual Equality Lounge along with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.