Live New Japan at 9am on a Saturday? I’m in.
Just tuning into New Beginning (Night 1) Did I miss anything yet?
A couple very good shows this weekend, combined with a good Takeover and above average Rumble made this quite the wrestling weekend.
LIJ for life! The real MVPs of NJPW!
Tama Tonga for leader of the Bullet Club
So is anyone watching these “Road To The New Beginning” shows live (Feb. 5th & 6th)?
I caught the last two matches of yesterday’s show. The 10-man was really fun, although the same issues with Sanada being made to look very weak were there. Also, watch Jay White/Finlay; good little match and some great character development from White.
I’m gonna pick up the Kitamura matches and the top two matches off both cards when I get a chance but I’m not particularly interested in the other stuff on offer.
Is he still unvictorious?
I’ll let you know when I get around to watching them.
I find the ‘Road to…’ events are perfect ‘on in the background’ shows. Especially now with the English commentary, i get on with other things and pay attention to the important stuff.
That’s the best way to approach these shows in a time-friendly manner imo.
I love everything about this press conference between Ospreay and Takahashi.
Yes he is… although, as Kevin Kelly keeps on saying every chance he gets; “This isn’t about wins and losses, it’s about evaluating Kitamura and seeing where he is in his development as a wrestler”.
I used to watch the full cards and it quickly became way too much to handle. Now I look at the card, pick out the matches I’m interested in and skip the rest. I actually do it with the bigger shows as well now, although I usually end up watching way more of those and I’m not likely to skip anything on Wrestle Kingdom or Dominion.
Sorry if I missed it but does anyone know if any of these australia shows are going to be VOD on NJPW WORLD?
Anybody expecting upsets tonight? I get the feeling Naito and/or Okada are losing tonight
I don’t think it would be smart to have Naito lose again unless its some sort of shady finish. But man I have a wierd feeling that we might get a transition champion situation with Okada. Loses to Sanada and then Sanada drops the belt to Omega in LA…
As of right now their is no official word I’ve seen stating one way or another.
However I personally believe that they will just be like “Un-televised House Shows”, given they aren’t even listed on the NJPW1972 website schedule.
But regardless I’m still excited as hell for the last card at Festival Hall!
The Following have been confirmed for "New Japan Fallout Down Under" (NJPW Australia Tour) and are listed in release order.
Night 1: Adelaide - Fri 16th Feb at Titanium Security Arena
- MAIN EVENT: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) Vs The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson).
- LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (Evil & Sanada) Vs GUERRILLAS OF DESTINY (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa).
- Cody Vs Rocky Romero.
Night 2: Melbourne - Sat 17th Feb at Festival Hall
- MAIN EVENT: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii, & Rocky Romero) Vs BULLET CLUB (Kenny Omega, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa).
- Eliot Sexton Vs Lance Archer.
- /// NON TITLE /// Jay White Vs Slex.
- Juice Robinson, Kushida & Toa Henare Vs THE ELITE (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, & Cody).
- /// NON TITLE /// Minoru Suzuki Vs Jonah Rock.
Night 3: Sydney - Sun 18th Feb at QuayCentre
- MAIN EVENT: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Jay White, & Will Ospreay) Vs THE ELITE (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, & Cody).
- Tomohiro Ishii Vs. Gino Gambino.
- Rocky Romero Vs. Kushida.
Night 4: Perth - Mon 19th Feb at HBF STADIUM
- MAIN EVENT: CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Rocky Romero) Vs LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (Evil & Sanada). /// NON TITLE ///
- BULLET CLUB (Kenny Omega, Gino Gambino, Chase Owens, & Bad Luck Fale) Vs THE MIGHTY DON’T KNEEL (Jonah Rock, Slex, Marcus Pitt & Damian Slater).
- Will Ospreay Vs Cody Vs Robbie Eagles.
- The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) Vs Juice Robinson & Toa Henare.
Current list of touring wrestlers can be found here.