• Kazuchika Okada - (Chaos)
  • Hirooki Goto - (Chaos)
  • Tomohiro Ishii - (Chaos)
  • Toru Yano - (Chaos)
  • Yoshi-Hashi - (Chaos)
  • Bad Luck Fale - (Bullet Club)
  • Tama Tonga - (Bullet Club)
  • Hangman Page - (Bullet Club)
  • Tetsuya Naito - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  • Evil - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  • Sanada - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  • Minoru Suzuki - (Suzuki-gun)
  • Zack Sabre Jr. - (Suzuki-gun)
  • Kota Ibushi - (The Golden Elite)
    ^ Groups listed correct to the best of my knowledge ^

Blocks to be reviled during tomorrow night’s broadcast

I could do without Toru Yano and Bad Luck Fale being in the G1. Think someone like Cody would be more beneficial in the long run. Maybe keep Yano as he’s generally a night off for those who work him but I’ve been done with Fale for a few years now.

Yes, but in the long run you need a “fall guy” who will maybe only get 1 to 3 wins during the course of the G1 (eg, Toru Yano). Yes it would be nice to see Cody and I’m sure he’ll do great in the G1 when that time comes but Cody doesn’t need it right now as he is already challenging Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at the G1 Special in San Francisco.

AND NEW, NEVER Openweight Champion, Hirooki Goto , reclaiming the championship from Michael Elgin after 8 days. (A new record for shortest reign)

Post match: Jeff Cobb challenges Hirooki Goto for the NEVER Openweight Championship. Goto responds in Japanese (which I don’t speak) so watch this space I guess!

1 Like

No real surprises. Oh well.

1 Like

Pretty interesting if they switch the match at the Cow Palace to Cobb
after all that Elgin stuff

1 Like

LIVE - KIZUNA ROAD 2018 (Japanese Commentary)

• Tonight’s Main Event: Hiromu Takahashi © Vs. El Desperado - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
  • Also G1 Climax 28 Block announcements

G1 Climax 28 - Block announcements:

"BLOCK A"

1. Togi Makabe - (Taguchi Japan)
  2. Michael Elgin - (Taguchi Japan)
  3. Hiroshi Tanahashi - (Taguchi Japan)
  4. Kazuchika Okada - (Chaos)
  5. Jay White - (Chaos)
  6. Yoshi-Hashi - (Chaos)
  7. Bad Luck Fale - (Bullet Club)
  8. Hangman Page - (Bullet Club)
  9. Evil - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  10. Minoru Suzuki - (Suzuki-gun)

"BLOCK B"

1. Juice Robinson - (Taguchi Japan)
  2. Hirooki Goto - (Chaos)
  3. Tomohiro Ishii - (Chaos)
  4. Toru Yano - (Chaos)
  5. Tama Tonga - (Bullet Club)
  6. Sanada - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  7. Tetsuya Naito - (Los Ingobernobles de Japon)
  8. Zack Sabre Jr. - (Suzuki-gun)
  9. Kenny Omega - (The Golden Elite)
  10. Kota Ibushi - (The Golden Elite)

^ Groups listed correct to the best of my knowledge ^

Match-ups to be reviled during tomorrow night’s broadcast

Already looking forward to “(A) Kazuchika Okada Vs. Jay White”, & “(B) Kenny Omega Vs.Kota Ibushi”. Highly expecting the latter being held on the final B-Block day.

1 Like

Hiromu Takahashi just un-masked El Desperado, as in fully un-masked!

AND STILL, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, Hiromu Takahashi, while this wasn’t a technical mat classic the did brawl all over Korakuen Hall. A really good match.

Also El Desperado must want to lose his mask that 3 time over the past month now that he’s been un-masked on NJPW World, each incident showing more and more of his face.

Looking forward to Omega/ZSJ. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them wrestle each other at all, even tags. B block looks to be by far the more interesting - Omega, Naito, Ibushi all seem credible block winners whereas block A seems certain to be Okadas.

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about these blocks. I’d switch White & Tanahashi for Ishii & Ibushi.

2 Likes

With these blocks its pretty unlikely that we’re getting Ibushi/Omega at the dome, since they’re doing that match in August (probably) and it’d seem a bit soon for doing it again, ditto for Omega/Naito, and they’ve just done Omega/Okada so I can’t see that headlining

I really have no idea where they’re going between now and January

I think it comes down to the final day in the B block Omega vs Ibushi, Omega has to win to go to the final, but they go to a 30 minute draw, so Ibushi advances. Ibushi defeats Okada in the final and sets up the rematch with Omega at the dome.

My dream of Omega Ibushi in the final at Budokan I guess willnees to now be a semi final. Or not at all (and saved for WK).

I’m disappointed Osprey is not in this tournament. I had high hopes for him being included after dropping the Jr title.
Excited to see more Hangman with New Japan guys and curious who Jay White works well with since he hasn’t clicked on all cylinders just yet (IMO)

This was really well done

1 Like

Do people think we will finally see Tama Tonga take full control of the Bullet Club at the Cow Palace? Should it even happen? Will it ever?

My view is if the BC brand is to remain strong and not overshadowed by guys linked to it like The Elite or the BTE crew then it needs to re-create itself with new important guys. I see those guys as Tama/Ishimori/ and Fale for th Aussie expansion. I know it’s huge step back to sacrifice the Bucks and Kenny but at the same time you need to think about the brand dying with them when their deals are up. I’d plan ahead for the future now and ensure another era. The way NJPW books they could ensure they aren’t just Midcard and a Tama Kenny feud could be great just for the English promos if they want to appeal to the N.A market.

Earlier this year (in February after the AUS tour) when their was 3 sub-divisions within the Bullet Club (“Team Kenny”, “Team Cody”, & “Team Tama”)

• Thought Tama Tonga would lead with himself, Bad Luck Fale, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi, & Hikuleo as “Bullet Club”. (Including part time Australian member Gino Gambino).
  • Leaving Cody to split-off with Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Chase Owens, Hangman Page, & Marty Scurll as a reborn version of “The ELITE”. (Including part time US celebrity member Stephen Amell).
  • Then Kenny would leave both and team more with Kota Ibushi as the “Golden☆Lovers”.

But so much has changed and the only in-fighting seems now seems to be Kenny & Cody.

Fale teams with Gino Gambino when he tours here, also Fale is hinting at a second AUS tour later this year.

1 Like

If they do a complete split with Kenny I could see title matches with Tama and Fale as good programs to make Kenny look like a strong champion. Kenny and Fale in Australia could be good business.

I think the best way NJPW can succeed in other territories is to focus on talent from those areas and build local stars.

1 Like