The POST - NBA Discussion Thread

Yes, that i agree with. If GS come back it’ll end up being part of the narrative. GS fans will probably never let the Raptors forget it.

I’m not sure they did to NBA fans.

I’m a raptors/raptors fan supporter, so I’m assuming they just lost it at that moment and never would have done that if they knew how serious it was.

I can’t defend the guys giving him the finger

I wish we could know how many fan bases would have done that in the same situation.

1 Like

Here’s the dirty lil’ secret about most NBA fans’ impression of Raps fans…Outside of Drake, this is the first time we’ve really thought about you guys as a vibrant fanbase. So in that respect, I think this will be water under the bridge a few weeks from now.

If y’all were Philly fans or Boston bros, THAT would be a different story, IMO because those fanbases already have an established identity. :100:

1 Like

Dont hate on us Boston fans. We’re just passionate and we expect the best.

2 Likes

All that can be true AND I can still hate on y’all. I can multitask…Lol! :rofl::100:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I would actually be shocked if Philly fans didn’t cheer for a KD injury

That’s a shame. Raptors fans deserve a lot of credit as a top fan base. They supported that team even after some of those brutal choke outs from LeBron.

I was there live. It wasn’t nearly as bad as it came across.

When he went down people cheered - it seemed like he just fell and may need to come out. That’s understandable the Raps were attacking him with FVV trying to get him to come out of game.

Once people realized it was serious they stopped and everyone clapped and chanted for him. I was right by the tunnel and believe me he got a very nice round.

I think in the moment when you see him fall you cheer but then when you see it was more serious you backtrack fast.

There were some idiots but the majority where not rooting for him to get hurt

Umm that’s not true at all.

LBJ when we lost game 6 in the ECF started the interview saying “listen to this” as we all stayed and cheered the Raps effort against the Cavs. JP wasn’t lit back then and now he said it was the most incredible fan base he had seen.

I went to Cleveland for game 5. A lot of their fans came up to us and said that they had never seen support like we had given in games 3/4.

That was 3 years ago.

Toronto is a hockey city but it’s massive (largest city behind NY and LA) and it has a large immigrant population. Immigrants tend to like basketball over hockey so you have a n older white crowd at leaf games and a younger more coloured crowd at Raptor games. Enough love for both.

1 Like

The players from both teams telling the fans to cool it definitely made it look worse.

Exactly. It looked worse. People once they realized he was hurt had started to cool down and players were letting people know as well. It wasn’t on a huge jumbotron and there isn’t a commentator telling you he’s hurt. Half the arena just sees a guy in the corner who is sitting there and can’t tell right away how bad it is

Does Durant have a charity? It would be kinda cool if Toronto fans got together to donate.

Funny you mention that

https://thirtyfiveventures.com/foundation

A lot of the raps reporters have tweeted about this and lots are sending some money

1 Like

Very nice

I hope it gains traction

2 Likes

Damn, Lowry be doing threes everywhere he goes early!

Injuries are part of the game but this series sucks.

2 Likes

What a series!!!

I’m glad the Raptors were able to slay the dragon. Really happy for all my people in the North! :100:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

1 Like

Special time in history