The POST - NBA Discussion Thread

A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

They’ll be better off without Kyrie next year.

They aren’t good. There’s just too much regular season evidence for me to trust those dummies.

Amazing how fast flat earth kyrie has gone from asset to ass

I had so much foolish hope after game one, and I’ve just had my spirit shattered.

Kyrie wanted out of playing with the best player in the league on a team guaranteed to make the finals as long as they were together…should tell you he’s selfish, not a champion.
Spent this year talking about the championship experience as if he did it alone. So he’s full of himself.
Then he no showed the 2nd round against one of the MVP candidates.

He’s kinda really overrated.

1 Like

But that balance tho

Irving is a talented dude, an amazing second option, and maybe the 2nd or 3rd best “Robin” in the Association. But he’s not a Championship-caliber leader (not yet, anyways).

If he & KD get together in NY next year, they’re going to be a problem, though.

And speaking of problems…Is the Lakers’ front-office full of idiots or are they just really bad at their job? :100:

1 Like

Lakers are a mess. God knows what’s going on.

The Knicks will still find a way to miss the playoffs.

Idiots

Wanting Jason Kidd to coach in any way is insane.

KD and Kyrie won’t work. Kyrie left a golden ticket to every Finals for the next 5 years with LeBron. Seriously, LeBron could play til he’s 40 and with Kyrie and a rotating cast of “just enough” they’d have made the finals. Probably won another one or two if GS broke up. Instead he needed his own team. Trusting him to work along side KD in the biggest media market in the league (desperate for success btw) would be like trusting a girl after she cheated on you while she’s got a history of cheating on others too. Just, no!

I’ve kinda been out of the loop the last 10 days while travelling, so I’ve been catching up. With that said, I can’t see any big star look at the knicks seriously at this point woth the way their front office is, how horrible of an owner they have. (Mr. Banhammer as I’ve heard.) Also to Zion, good luck especially if the Knicks fall flat on their faces in the summer.

1 Like

Knicks fan here

Dolan is a horrible owner. The best thing I can say is that he doesn’t interfere as much as you’d think. It’s more that he hires incompetents and gives them way too much rope.

So I think there’s a small chance they could someday build a decent front office.

I do think KD will be a knick this summer. The rumors are strong. I’m probably getting my hopes up but whatever.

I don’t know what to make of Kyrie. I used to like him a lot but over the last two years he has come off like a top ten dumbest person of all time.

If NY gets Zion, it has to be better than Phoenix, right?

I think it can be a pain in the ass playing with LeBron. I can see someone wanting to leave for their own team.

Too bad Kyrie looks like such a shitty leader.

We could have three game 7s on Sunday.

Mother’s day.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Why don’t we just increase my divorce % right now.

Lets go Raptors and Blazers!

PS can anyone explain what is going on in LA? Tyronne Lue, an unemployed coach, rejected their job? And now they want Vogel?

Dolan hires yes men who do his bidding. That’s his way in remaining in control.
He fired Grunfeld and Van Gundy 19 years ago because they had other designs for the team. That’s when I lost taste for management. I grew up going to MSG in the 90s, but when a team moves so far away from the team you grew up loving its hard to stay a fan. Sure, KD will make them relevant again but I don’t see myself ever passionately caring about the Knicks the way I did them. The league has become a player league in that fandom is fickle and based on where guys play. (My 2 cents)

Playing with LeBron can be difficult but the reality is the goal of playing is to compete. Goal of competing is to win. Anyone who feels differently isn’t someone I want on my squad.

The warriors work so well because they’ve all made sacrifices to win. Kyrie appears as the kind of guy who doesn’t want to sacrifice to win.

For what it’s worth, have heard rumors that Kyrie may want to come to LA and Lue and Kyrie don’t get along.

So… I follow the NBA the least, because it’s the worst sport, but let me get this straight…I thought Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland, because he wanted to lead a team. Now that he failed, he wants to run back to Lebron?

1 Like

I think a lot of rich guys fall into the yes men trap.

That still doesn’t explain the Phil Jackson decision :confused: that was some other type of dysfunction.

I’m totally okay with the NBA becoming a player league. They’re the ones who the fans care about. I never like seeing owners have too much control.

But I do understand the other side and the people who prefer the old way.

Kyrie not wanting to play with LeBron is an interesting issue. We all want these guys to be 100% about winning but it’s a little too much to ask. This is their job and we all (should) make career decisions based on what makes us happy.

For some guys that involves different team dynamics or locations or whatever and it may not maximize the chance to win. I’m okay with that.