The POST -- NHL Discussion Thread

Didnt watch the game, but from that pic, it looks like a good goal. You cant just depend on that though and say they were robbed.

The Bruins could have had numerous powerplays in their series, that the refs didnt call. That isnt the reason they lost though.

If itā€™s on the ground, 100% itā€™s in. If itā€™s in the air, could just appear that way.

1 Like

Vegas are playing dominantly. Edmonton hasnā€™t been good enough defensively in this series and theyā€™re not getting saves.

Ya it doesnā€™t look greatā€¦but if there is any offense in hockey that can come back and score quickly its Edmonton.

Fingers crossed as thats who Iā€™m going for right now.

Oilers solved their depth problems when McDavid-Draisaitl were not on the ice during the regular season, but those problems have returned in the playoffs. Got nothing from the non-McDavid-Draisaitl lines. Add in awful goaltending from Skinner and having no confidence in Campbell so you are going to have a bad time. You can argue theyā€™re the two best players in the league but unfortunately itā€™s not enough to advance.

1 Like

There is truth to that, at the same time they did end up loosing to the #1 seed. Its not like they lost to an underdog.

They need to upgrade in net or Skinner needs to take a big step. At the end of the day though, almost every year the team that wins the Cup is typically a team that gets production from their top guys, but also gets production from their bottom 6. Very hard to win a cup without that, unless you are a NJ/Scott Stevens era style of team that wins on D. That is not the Oilers lol.

1 Like

Skinner is a Calder candidate this year (no guarantee he will get better from here). It was also supposed to be Jack Campbellā€™s crease. But their goaltending still needs to be better.

100%. You canā€™t win when the bottom six donā€™t produce.

Iā€™m more all-in on Florida vs Seattle than I was last week.

1 Like

Parallax angle. Similar to the Calgary 2004 game six no-goal. There was one angle that showed the puck in the net.

1 Like

That looks in the air to me. Very similar to this:

05b35c5052d7a54a64e93f9308fb73c855c61d9br1-525-341v2_uhq

Another angle.

And still, they talk about this in Calgary.

I donā€™t care if the puck was in or not in either case. Themā€™s be the breaks of sports. Yes, I want them to get the call right.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the exact goal I was thinking of when I posted that, they are very similar.

I believe the rule in the NHL is in order to overturn a goal, the replay must clearly show that the call on the ice was wrong. I think they may even use the word ā€œindisputableā€. If there is any doubt from the replay, the call stands. Based on that rule, I think they got it right.

1 Like

100%. Call on the ice stands.

1 Like

Letā€™s go Stars! Very excited that Dallas won game 7 and is now headed to the western conference finals.

On one hand these playoffs feel super super fresh. On the other hand, Vegas, Dallas, Carolina, Florida is a ratings nightmare for the NHL lol. No idea who Iā€™m going for.

I have I had to put money on someone, it would probably be Florida. They are scary good, first they beat the best regular season team in hockey, and then handed Toronto their asses.

Carolina is under the radar good, but I think Anderson is too shaky to do it for 4 rounds. Same for Vegas, I just canā€™t see Adin Hill winning a cup. Dallas is good, probably my second choice.

1 Like

Adin Hill, Vegas?

Iā€™m rooting for Carolina and Dallas, mainly for Burns and Pavelski, but also for Freddie Anderson. Gotta go with my former Leafs and Sharks.

Glad to see the usual big teams like Tampa and Colorado are out. Iā€™m looking forward to the NHL moving away from ESPN, which can barely spell NHL.

I think Vegas will roll over Dallas in either four or five. Just too much depth and if they could shut down McDavid and Draisaitl they will have no problem with the Stars.

The Finals this year will be on TNT this year, they are miles ahead of ESPN, I can say that. I wish the NBA would do the same and have the TNT guys have their finals.

Ughhh I hate posting from my phone, autocorrect is brutal. Yes, I meant Adin Hill lol. I promise I wasnā€™t confusing him with the blue jays second baseman of a decade or so ago.

Sure for mostly all aspects but Mike Breen is an iconic voice in basketball announcing

By the time Carolina and Florida decide this game ā€” Arizona will have its arena situation figured out.

1 Like

That GWG was an amazing shot. I canā€™t stand Tkachuk as a player, but damn hes good.