The POST -- NHL Discussion Thread

I’m hoping Kevin Cheveldayoff (and other folks that let this slide) gets the heave ho. Mind you, there’s nothing more hockey than shielding enablers, so I’m not holding my breath for major changes.

1 Like

And Joel Quenneville as well.

1 Like

NHL better be making some serious changes very quickly. This is pretty brutal.

2 Likes

Man, that was hard to watch but much needed. It’s hard to imagine the courage it’s taken for Kyle Beach to do this interview. Best wishes to him and I hope he has some comfort to know he is believed and supported.

Poor Fleury, its probably his last year before he retires and he was traded to this mess. If I was him, I would want out of Chicago.

Just going to throw this up the first Monday or Tuesday of the month for the updated standings.

1 Like

Connor McDavid is not human. This guy plays like he’s playing NHL on rookie mode ffs. Generational talent, nothing else needs to be said.

1 Like

I hate to say it, but this doesn’t surprise me at all. Through all the Patrick Kane allegations, they seemingly did nothing as well. They always appeared to me to be an organization that wanted to win at any cost.

1 Like

Wow! Edmonton really is a fun team to watch. McDavid and Draisaitl are as great a pairing as any i’ve seen in my life. I really hope this team can make a run this year.

1 Like

Well Chicago just ired their head coach, so the shit show continues. @jallonar4040 think you may get your wish of Marc getting traded.

1 Like

It’s the last year of his contract and then he’s a UFA, I’d say he has a 99% shot of being traded to a contender looking for goaltending depth headed into the playoffs. Now he has a high cap but, but the hawks can retain 50% and if its near the TDL, the hit would be small. Would Be cool to see him back in Pittsburgh for one last run.

I figured after we hit 11 teams as of today that were shut down, they would announce the pause would start after tonight.

Unless they are going to go the NFL route, I really hope they shutdown. This is just brutal.
Just give them all their boosters, shutdown for 2 weeks while they go into effect, then come back with everyone (minus Lil Bert) triple vaccinated.

I hope they don’t go down the NFL route, that’s just a storm waiting to happen.

1 Like

I’m curious to see how it goes, I’ve seen some pretty strong opinions on the topic. Dr. Patel had an interesting take on that in the Omicron thread.

Anything in particular y’all are looking for in this upcoming Trade Deadline on Monday?

As a wings fan I’m hoping we get back our 2nd round pick for Leddy, and possibly get some picks for Staal/namestnikov.

Bertuzzi’s name is out there, I’m on the fence with him as I’m open to trading him if they get a haul. With his vaccination status though, I don’t see why a contender would want a guy that could miss half of every playoff series. Hopefully Stevie Y can pull off a Mantha like trade for him, otherwise there is no rush to move him.

Im also very curious where Giroux goes, rumours are saying panthers or maybe Avs.

Fuck that guy. I wanted him on the Bruins, but he said no to them, so fuck him. I hope he never wins a Stanley Cup and he wont with Florida.

The Bruins picked up Hampus Lindholm yesterday which is good. They needed another top 4 Dman. They need another top 6 forward, maybe 2 if they want any chance of winning the cup though. Pastrnak and Hall need a solid centre and Bergeron & Marchand need someone with them. I’d try and bring back Phil Kessel to put on the top line and not sure who they can grab at centre.

Did you see they already signed Lindholm to an extension? 8 year x 6.5mil

1 Like

Yea, I’m not sure how I feel about the 8 years. I dont know much about him, as I didnt watch much of Anaheim, so I hope it turns out well.