the Pun Appreciation Thread (PAT)

Rewind-A-Raw 11-7-17

The lads are discussing the work of one Bailey.

John says ‘Faily, that’s been her gimmick for 2017.’

1 Like

Rewind-A-Smackdown 5-1-18

Paige responds to her former BFF’s Rose and Deville that Absolution™ is dead.

John responds with ‘It’s been absolved.’

3 Likes

Wai is discussing the former Russian one, Ms. Lana.

Wai points to the upper deck, and then launches the ball into the stratosphere with:

‘which wouldn’t that be ironic that she has been studying English so she can get rid of English?’

Just f’n stand at home plate Jose Bautista style and admire that home run blast!!!

4 Likes

Let’s just get right to it (wait for it), John says:

‘What if it turns out that Lana falls in love with the English Accent?’
‘Can you imagine Rusev finding out and charging him with Aiden-and-abetting …’

John, I’m gonna PAT you so hard your back will look like Daniel Bryan’s chest from last week …

Kids, this is how this game is played …

1 Like

Backlash 2018 Post Show

The Miz and Rollins match is the topic of the moment.

John: (Seth) lifted up Miz back into the ring and hit a Tyler Black Hole Slam

Extra credit for the PAT with the several second delayed reaction by Wai.

Rewind-A-Smackdown 5-8-18

The Bar and The New Day are doing the 'ol finding pancakes in the gear bag bit,

John’s not overly impressed and states:

'I wish the pancake segment was batter than this …;

Yes, Booker T, I dig it.

4 Likes

That was a good one. I always get funny looks from people as I’m laughing while driving. Damn it John.

1 Like

My favorite pun of all time. Thanks for highlighting it. Batter up!

1 Like

The show was the go-home Smackdown show before the 2016 Survivor Series. And Undertaker’s promo consisted of some rhyming bullshit and digging holes and taking souls. During the Smackdown rewind, Wai called him “The Pun-dertaker”.:joy::joy:

1 Like

Post Round Table #5 5/13/18

John has to sign up on the Vivid site so the fellas can do some research on ‘Bull in a Chyna Shop’ or whatever the movie was called.

He then tries to explain why his credit card bill has had Vivid on it for the last 12 years. Perhaps John likes his eggs ‘Sunny Side Up’ or perhaps he actually did forget to cancel.

Anyhow, John has set the stage and bids Arda farewell with ‘I think this interview has climaxed’.

1 Like

UFC 224 Post Show

(one of my favorites as he wasn’t even setting this one up or probably didn’t even think it was one!)

John is rapping up Dern’s (7.4 pounds over weight) victory over Cooper in women’s MMA and says:

"I don’t know what this does for Mackensie Dern because this could not be weighted as any significant win that propels her in the StrawWeight division.’

Rewind-A-Raw 5-14-18

the Destroyer Lashley used to hold his sisters in the delayed suplex for 3 hours a night
(wow, I’m not setting this one up well :wink:)

Wai has got a new name for the move as he goes with:

“Lashley … should he not start calling this the vertigo suplex?”

A swift handprint to the back for a PAT.

Rewind-A-Raw 5-14-18

John gets right to the point:

“if they told me yeah this Saturday morning to live tweet the royal wedding, I would be telling them to royally fuck off!”

(short side story: just got some new channels or package for the TV and one of them is called Impact Wrestling. I’m like, ok, I’ve usually been a big fan of them over the years. After watching 3 ladder matches in a row (some highlight thing) which was amazing, John and Wai pop on the TV and start unboxing a wrestling crate. I’ve never seem them on TV before so it, as the Undisputed Era would say, ‘shocked the system’.)

Rewind-A-Raw 5-14-18

Wai is chatting about Messrs. Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel, better known as the B-Team.

He goes with “their finish is the inverted 3D, the 3B”

1 Like

You saw one of our unboxing videos during Impact?

It was an Impact highlight show. The theme was ladder matches. After watching 3 ladder matches in a row, I was exhausted (Christian Cage vs. Kaz was utterly amazing). I’m not really paying attention to the screen after the 3rd match and then (out of nowhere) hear the dulcet tones of the Post Bludgeon Brothers. I look up and see you guys and start thinking ‘wow, I really am on the message board quite a bit. Now I’m hallucinating and seeing them on TV also!’ No joke though, you guys were unboxing a pro wrestling crate. The theme was ECW (although they couldn’t use that term). One of the photos was Raven and one of the shirts was about a Mick Foley hardcore match.

Is this some sister channel of the Fight Network? It’s shows nothing but Impact Wrestling.

Rewind-A-Raw 5-14-18

(another favorite of mine as he wasn’t going for this PAT)

John and Wai are going over booking ideas for the crowd in the upcoming Reigns v Mahal match at Money in the Bank.

John says:

“fans start bringing umbrellas … they open the umbrellas to prevent the ‘Reign’ and you just see a sea of umbrellas that are shielding them from what is going on in the ring”

Keep It 2000 (7-31-00)

Many would know Sharmell, current wife of Booker T, but in this glorious episode of Nitro he was married to Levestia who took a guitar shot from Double J.

Nate is summing up the episode and fires this out:

“God Bless Levestia. I wasn’t that investiad in Levestia.”

Simple game people. Nate advances to the NBA finals.

It was definitely a heat-check pun. But when the shots are falling, you keep firing. :100:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m giving out an honorary PAT for this one:

colt1038