The Rock says he'd be honored to have Roman Reigns beat him at a WrestleMania

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/09/22/the-rock-says-hed-be-honored-to-have-roman-reigns-beat-him-at-a-wrestlemania/

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson released a series of clips on his YouTube channel from his conversation with Hiram Garcia about Johnson’s photography book, ‘The Rock: Through the Lens: His Life, His Movies, His World’. In the most recent upload to his channel, Johnson discussed the possibility of facing Roman Reigns at a WrestleMania.

Johnson feels that in terms of box office draw and people consistently asking him when or if he’ll return to WWE, he feels that it would only make sense to share the ring with Roman Reigns.

You know, you and I have talked about this and it’s so funny how a lot of people say, ‘Well if you ever go back to WrestleMania, who would be the opponent that you would face?’ And feels like the one that would make sense, right, would be Roman, in terms of box office draw.

Hiram chimed on the conversation and asked Johnson who would win the match. Johnson jokingly stated that it would be extended from the get-go and he would be asked to lose to Roman to set up a rematch at the next WrestleMania. Johnson then added that he would love for Roman Reigns to have that win.

Well, I’ll this you this right now, I know how that works. I’m not going down that road, because I know how that conversation goes. ‘Listen, here’s what we’re thinking: Roman beats you now at this WrestleMania. But, listen before you guys say anything, then on the next one, that’s when you…’

The truth is I would be honored not only to share the ring with Roman and to go back to the WWE but of course man, I would be honored to have him raise his hand in that one.

Roman Reigns is the current WWE Universal Champion and is set to defend his title against Jey Uso at the Clash of Champions event this Sunday. To get a look at the updated lineup for that event, head over to this link.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Rock’s YouTube channel with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.