The Undertaker receives a new opponent for the Greatest Royal Rumble

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/04/12/the-undertaker-receives-a-new-opponent-for-the-greatest-royal-rumble/

The WWE announced on Thursday that they have changed The Undertaker’s opponent for the Greatest Royal Rumble card on Friday, April 27th.

Originally, The Undertaker was announced for a Casket Match against Rusev, but one day later the opponent has been changed to Chris Jericho.

Jericho had previously been announced for the 50-man Royal Rumble match on the same card. This will be Jericho’s first WWE match since a triple threat match with Kevin Owens and AJ Styles last July at a SmackDown taping in Richmond, Virginia.

Despite Jericho joining the company in 1999, the two have only had four singles matches in the past in 2009 and 2010.

Should we speculate that Rusev’s “Bury me softly brother” tweet is the cause of this change?

I like this change as it makes for a bigger match that almost never happen. I was happy when they had rusev in that match but let face it, this scream squash match. At less with Jericho, we might get a decent back and forth match out of it.

This whole show is ridiculous. Vince mcmahon in non sensical. When I witnessed roman reigns kicking out of 5 f5s and then losing I knew then Vince is not just out of touch but off the deep end.

He changes his mind way too much for any stability in his product.

1 Like

Rusev Twitter

Hmmmm…

I’ve read a few places Rusev Quit?

If this match goes longer than five minutes I’ll genuinely be shocked.