The WWE announces Daniel Bryan has been cleared to return to the ring

The Miz vs Daniel Bryan could so easily main event Wrestlemania this year

1 Like

I still canā€™t believe it but itā€™s great news. Now then, can he be a wrestler and a GM at the same time or will he quit his job as a GM ?

Couple thoughts finally settling in:

1. I respectfully disagree with Mr Pollock and think this news had to be known for some time. The entire involvement of Daniel with Shane KO and Sami built to lead to this exact payoff and here it magically happens, too coincidental. Daniel Bryan may be as transparent and honest a guy there is in the business but make no mistake heā€™s no dummy. That he was ā€œjustā€ cleared to make it official today, means he wasnā€™t totally working, both cases could be true.

2. I listed out guys in WWE and also potentially making it to WWE in the next 2-3 years if he is indeed back full time and when I finished the list I thought, what do I want the most. @nickp91is so right, Bryan and Miz could headline Wrestlemania for the IC title this year and it would feel like the biggest match in Wrestling. That story writes itself. And to be perfectly honest, The Miz has built himself into a guy who could easily feel big time and thatā€™s all thanks to Bryan, both with the Talking Smack and then the launch of this side of the Miz.

3. Is this full time? Time will tell but Iā€™m really hoping this isnā€™t a Kurt or Sting type clearance where itā€™s 1/2 matches a year. I donā€™t think he should be a guy who is on every show having throw away matches but he could easily be Lesner-like (volume of work wise not appearance wise)

4. Heā€™s all but a lock to stay with WWE and Iā€™m happy for him.

I also keep thinking, what if this is HBK all over again and we get an entire 2nd career from Bryan

1 Like

Theyā€™ll probably only have him booked for TV and PPV matches and not on the road for the time being.

If heā€™s going to re-sign with this company, they should just use him like Shane McMahon and use his sparingly to prop up shows noone cares about.

2 Likes

Daniel Bryan never lost the IC Title. The current IC Champion is The Miz. It ainā€™t rocket science.

1 Like

This x1000.

Iā€™m beyond stoked that heā€™s back, but letā€™s not forget how perennially injured he was from WM30 onwards.

I donā€™t need to see Bryan wrestling every week, cos I donā€™t think heā€™ll be able to stop himself going balls to the wall in every match. So 8-10 matches year to cap off well built storylines is what I want to see. He should never be just another guy.

I appreciate the effort of everyone working at WWE to talk about him returning without saying the ā€œWā€ word. :joy:

Words being used:
In-Ring
Compete
Action
Perform
Return
What I love.

1 Like

Kinda wish they didnā€™t go so hard with this Cena / Taker March because Cena and Bryan would look really good about now

His return(at the venue of his greatest night in wrestling) is a big enough draw without a dream opponent that you can save down the line.

2 Likes

I agree Pickles, you can save that for Summerslam and next yearā€™s WrestleMania.

Iā€™m really looking forward to whatever new style he says heā€™s going to use. Iā€™m hoping for a lot of submission based stuff, similar to ZSJ, with some more high impact, but not too dangerous stuff. He doesnt need to be doing top rope headbutts or suicide dives or anything like that.

I justed rewatched the New Japan Cup final. A submission base style would be a welcome change in WWE. Not just anyone can pull that style off. With Daniel Bryan using a style like that, he would still have the crowd into the match due to him being so over.

I thought it was like 95% chance heā€™d wrestle again due to getting cleared from non-WWE doctors. The 5% was only for new marriage and new baby (or maybe if he got a sizable deal to still be GM), but heā€™d probably be able to work a schedule that would work for him with those factors. I donā€™t even fault the WWE for ā€˜playing it safeā€™ over these couple of years as they have the lawsuits from former employees, the CM situation, and overall more info is present in wrestling and the NFL about head injuries.

I certainly can see a reduced schedule from DB, but Iā€™m not so sure his style will be drastically modified. Obviously itā€™s prudent to not take any chair shots to the noggin, but thatā€™s standard for everyone these days. I was once live at a match where Bryan took a Sister Abagail into the barricade. I enjoy some crazy stuff, but even I was thinking ā€˜uh, not necessary thereā€™ as I donā€™t even think most of the crowd saw what actually happened.

I suppose Iā€™m surprised the WWE cleared him, but I think he was bolting in September if they hadnā€™t by then.