Three champion vs. champion matches set for WWE Survivor Series

Originally published at Sasha Banks vs. Asuka, Orton vs. Reigns set for WWE Survivor Series

Three champion versus champion matches were made official for WWE Survivor Series and the announcements were made by RAW Tag Team Champions The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods). Woods and Kingston will meet SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) at the event. The Hurt Business confronted Kingston and Woods and MVP stated that Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander are looking to win the tag team titles before Survivor Series.

The new WWE Champion Randy Orton will meet Universal Champion Roman Reigns at the event. On top of that matchup, SmackDown Women’s Champion Sasha Banks is going one-on-one with RAW Women’s Champion Asuka.

#SurvivorSeries already looking 🔥

đź”´ #WWEChampion @RandyOrton vs. #UniversalChampion @WWERomanReigns

🔵 #SmackDown #WomensChampion @SashaBanksWWE vs. #WWERaw #WomensChampion @WWEAsuka

đź”´ #WWERaw #TagTeamChampions #TheNewDay vs. #SmackDown #TagTeamChampions #StreetProfits pic.twitter.com/UZjIdl7jEc

— WWE (@WWE) October 27, 2020

As of this writing, here’s the updated lineup for Survivor Series:

• Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
  • The New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston) vs. The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
  • Sasha Banks vs. Asuka
  • Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
  • Men’s Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team RAW (AJ Styles, Keith Lee, TBD, TBD, TBD) vs. Team SmackDown (TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD)
  • Women’s Traditional Survivor Series Match: Team RAW (Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose & Lana) vs. Team SmackDown (TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD, TBD)

So unlike last year, NXT will not be included.

Never much more disappointed.

Still a twelve-man showdown is profitable no matter if any of these guys are. A mixed combination of faces and heels to defend the honour of their camp is a riveting storyline . I’d pick that scenario over anything they’ve done so far.

My Two Reminbi

It’s the one time of the year that RAW and Smackdown wrestlers compete against each other!*

*other than the Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, the draft shows, Superstar Shakeups, the wild card rule and the invitational rule.

Why would NXT be at the Survivor Series? Isn’t that the place losers like Matt Riddle and Keith Lee come from? It’s not like NXT won the event last year or anything…

1 Like

Why are those taking place at Survivor Series? Weren’t they on Night of Champions previous years? Or was it different any year?

I think you mean Clash of Champions. And No. at Clash of Champions every title is defended. But not against opposite champions from the two (or three) brands.

They probably don’t want the two rosters mixing, given that Nxt aren’t in the thunderdome.

I seem to remember that they like to flip a few of the titles after they make these announcements. Any title matches on Raw or Smackdown before Survivor Series, I’m (hypothetically) betting on the challenger.

Before every match announcement, Tom Phillips said, “If ___ is still champion, they will compete at Survivor Series”. Judging by last night, it seems like Lashley will defend the U.S. Title before the PPV and The Hurt Business will challenge New Day for the tag titles.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how they do Orton/Reigns and Sasha/Asuka. Not too into the other matches.

That’s why “Night Of Champions” was a better name than “Clash Of Champions” as the latter suggests that champions will… clash.