Three interview segments, one match set for NWA Powerrr Surge

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/05/03/three-interview-segments-one-match-set-for-nwa-powerrr-surge/

Every several weeks, the National Wrestling Alliance airs their Powerrr Surge show in place of NWA Powerrr on FITE TV. Powerrr Surge consists of wrestler interviews, matches that were recorded but didn’t air from recent tapings and recaps from the prior Powerrr shows.

This month’s installment of Powerrr Surge will feature three interview segments and one singles match. Thunder Rosa is going to appear to address her future and Kamille. Rosa lost to Kamille at the Back for the Attack pay-per-view and her tag match on 3/30 was interrupted by Kamille.

Trevor Murdoch will have a sit-down interview with May Valentine and along with that, NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis is going to chat with Joe Galli.

The singles match on that show is Jennacide versus Skye Blue.

⚡️Surge through the week with the @nwa.#PowerrrSurge is back on the attack with a NEW episode tomorrow. Only on #FITE.

SPOTLIGHT MATCH: Jennacide v Blue
Hear from @RealNickAldis, @thunderrosa22, and @TheRealTMurdoch.

👉Subscribe for only $4.99 a month: https://t.co/KXdIafuT0Q pic.twitter.com/woLyNm3ePP

— FITE (@FiteTV) May 3, 2021

The NWA kicked off their reboot with the Back for the Attack pay-per-view which was headlined by Nick Aldis defeating Aron Stevens to retain the Worlds Heavyweight Title.

Following the match, wrestlers, the production team and fellow staff members paid tribute to the late Joseph Hudson, also known as “The Question Mark” who passed away in February.

1 Like

As one of the likely very few people actually paying for Powerrr right now, I don’t know that it needs a recap show as frequently as Surge is apparently going to be. The interview and promo segments between Aldis and Murdoch seem to be repeating themselves with very little development or added heat. I understand that the NWA is severely hampered in terms of roster and not having the live crowd that was Powerrr’s lifeblood, but I’d prefer to have Rosa or Aldis or whoever on commentary while a match that’s semi-related to their stories was taking place and nudging things forward that way. That said, happy to see more Jennacide - super fun throwback character that fits well in the kitschy Powerrr universe.